$150 2015-2020 Bed Extender + $10 in hardware from Home Depot = $795 Ford 2011-2023 Bed Extender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey from another Charleston guy! Sold my 2020 last year, my 2023 should be here next month!
Nice!!! I had a new one on order when I first joined this forum and it was during the chips/covid crap and it got canceled. So I bought this one at Palmetto and Savannah Hwy which is also where I bought my 2018 XLT.

Bubbles

Reaction score
Nice!!! I had a new one on order when I first joined this forum and it was during the chips/covid crap and it got canceled. So I bought this one at Palmetto and Savannah Hwy which is also where I bought my 2018 XLT.

I'll never buy from them. I used Jones, no markups. Palmetto in the middle of a deal added a 5k ADM, like was signing papers and they said "oh and add 5k".

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am in middle of researching this now..glad I went to the Raptor-pidia site! thanks OP.. nice and simple write up.

figured i can repurpose the one I have.. had from a ol' super duty from 11.. then used in my 18 Raptor.. and now want to install in my 22 Raptor.. BUT.. want to able to remove when I go for the Baja trips.. does anyone have a link to a rivnut of this size I can source? rather not take off lights every time.. ford keeps leaving **** out, won't have a steering wheel soon or lights.. lol..
seriously.. this is great news that I can just pop in with a standard nut.. but I'd like to be able to remove..

any suggestions?

Chrismig

Reaction score
I went about it the po man's way. I kept the bed extender from my 2014 Tremor, installed it in my 2017 Raptor, kept it again and installed it in my 2020 Raptor.
This is too funny I did the exact same thing --- 2014 tremor -> 2019 raptor -> now hoping to do 2023 raptor

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same one in a 2017, 2019 and moving it to my 2023. In the past all the holes for the bolt did not have threads and you simply self tapped the bolts into them creating threads. On the last one I purchased the appropriate tap to make it even easier. Has the hole size changes for 2023 that requires you to use a nut on the back side of the torx bolt?

Morgan

Reaction score
Did that kit come with the bushings for the bedsides where the spring loaded pins secure the extender in place?

I bought an extender secondhand, and need those bushing to prevent it from moving around too much.