Question #12: Flood Ford ESP; When to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bronco AZ, in that I think a lot of what you said is true as far as many people being in way over their heads financially in general. I really think a long warranty comes down to cost/benefit. I'm betting I will need repairs down the road that will exceed the cost of the warranty. It's really not about overall finances.

agreed, I have never kept a truck past 5 years old and or 100k miles. To each their own but that's why I went with 5/100 paid in full not financed so iam covered for as long as I plan on keeping the truck.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranties and insurance are about buying down risk. Insurance takes a large, unpredictable expense and turns it into a small, predictable, regular expense. The ESP takes multiple large, unpredictable expenses and turns them into one moderate, predictable expense. Why did I type all of that? Because you can't judge whether buying insurance or a warranty is a good decision for anyone else unless you have extensive knowledge of 1. their financial situation AND 2. their risk tolerance.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am almost at the 36k mark and I am also considering the extended warranties, especially since we likely wont see a new raptor for a few years. I don't believe the shocks are covered though, I also could not find where the moon roof was covered. Did anyone else specifically see that? Mine is going in Monday for the moonroof repair which got stuck open last weekend.

Also didn't sound like any of the LED lights are covered. My 3 main concerns are moonroof, shocks, LED Lights....and none of those things seem to be covered.

Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements – Items listed in your vehicle’s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services

link to the brochure - https://www.floodfordesp.com/pdf/PremiumCARE_Ford_ESP.pdf

You are correct in that lighting is not covered under the PremiumCare plan. This includes all bulbs within the vehicle. According to the brochure, you can buy the PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, but I can’t find it online for purchase. Can anyone else?

Your moonroof and shocks are covered from a mechanical standpoint. If something breaks mechanically, then it’s covered. But if something malfunctions due to normal wear and tear, such as the glass itself or the shocks themselves, then it’s not covered. A good way to look at it is, in general, if it’s a maintainable item (interior fabrics, carpet, trim pieces, batteries, hoses, brakes, exhaust, etc) it’s not covered.

OBX

Reaction score
So I'm reviewing the ESP offered by Ford through Flood. And have a few questions.

1) Are they still the best price option?
2) Why would anyone buy at inception when it will be the same price up to it's 1 year Bday? Only thing I can see is they could include in the financing.
3) If I understand correctly, this won't kick in until the 3/36 expires?
4) Does the 3/36 cover as much as the Flood Premium Maintenance plan?

https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pl...2=0&Surcharge5=0&Surcharge3=0&Submit=Continue
Buying now locks in the purchase price. On a BMW we waited the three years only for the price to increase $350.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spacer.gif
not sure if prices changed but here's mine from almost 2yrs ago
[...]
Ford Extended Service Plan
part_1.gif

ESP Contract: PremiumCARE
marker_1.gif
$100 Deductible
marker_1.gif
5 years
marker_1.gif
100000 miles
Options:
marker_1.gif
First Day Rental: Yes
marker_1.gif
Enhanced Rental: No
marker_1.gif
Lighting: No
marker_1.gif
Key Services: Yes
marker_1.gif

marker_1.gif

Price:

$1290
spacer.gif
Some of your images didn't show up, but I think we got the point. Anyway, from what I can tell, you bought the PremiumCARE 5 Year/100K mile plan with a $100 deductible for $1290. Looking at the FloodFord site now, it seems that plan is $1090 (plus $50 for the First Day Rental and another $40 for Key Services) for a total of $1190. Seems strange that the plan would actually go DOWN $100! I wonder if they changed the plan coverages...

Capture.JPG

Buying now locks in the purchase price. On a BMW we waited the three years only for the price to increase $350.
See above...unless I'm mistaken, locking in the price doesn't always mean you'll get the better deal!

Last edited:

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It's the first time I've ever purchased a warranty and I purchased the 125,000/8 year with first day and extended 10 rental.

No LED or Key coverage

Ford Extended Serivce Plan
part_1.gif

ESP Contract: PremiumCARE
marker_1.gif
$50 Deductible
marker_1.gif
8 years
marker_1.gif
125000 miles
Options:
marker_1.gif
First Day Rental: Yes
marker_1.gif
Enhanced Rental: Yes
marker_1.gif
Lighting: No
marker_1.gif
Key Services: No
marker_1.gif

marker_1.gif

Price:

$2540
Plan Bochure: Download Here

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mmm. It's one of those present value of money problems. I knew I should've paid attention that day.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct in that lighting is not covered under the PremiumCare plan. This includes all bulbs within the vehicle. According to the brochure, you can buy the PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, but I can’t find it online for purchase. Can anyone else?
If you actually click on one of the plans on the Flood Ford site, it brings up additional options to add Rental, Bulb, and Key services:

Capture.JPG

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lombardo Ford sele same plan is the Ford ESP and covers everything the same they did do a free financing the option 12 months financing on the plan for free. So 12 payments I think it was about 200 per month. The key coverage is worth every penny you get a new key once a year and these things wear out fast. For the 300 replacement cost of a key the key coverage is cheap.