Question #12: Flood Ford ESP; When to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Here we go again with another Jenny owner trying to imply that the Gen1 Rap ever had a single warranty claim. It’s well established right here on FRF that no Gen1 Raptor has ever had a problem. Ever.

Breakdown insurance... deductible. for a Gen 1. :facepalm::shitsweak:

;)
I don’t know what the **** you are talking about. None of my issues that was fixed under the ESP was due to daily driving. I am sure for others, it has happened without a doubt. This is just my personal experience, nothing more. Granted I have not kept a truck for more than 3yrs since 2002 so I never purchased them. I have had my GEN1 since 2014 with a 7yr/125m ESP and the year will expire next March before the mileage. Longest truck ownership since my 1988 Mazda B2200.

All I am saying is if you plan on off-roading, the ESP is a no-brainer and go with whatever deductible you are comfortable with. I am fine with $200 but to date I have paid more than $1000 in just deductibles. But one thing that is nice is I can bring it in at my dealership for multiple issues for one deductible so depending on the seriousness, I wait until I get a pile of issues now.

D

Deleted member 12951

How do you like your Mustang? Is that generation pretty reliable?
Driving the GT500 is a blast especially being a stick but unfortunately I don’t drive it much. I bought it used back in 2016 but so far I have not had issues other than one strut and a bushing.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving the GT500 is a blast especially being a stick but unfortunately I don’t drive it much. I bought it used back in 2016 but so far I have not had issues other than one strut and a bushing.

Wife wants a convertible. I want a Shelby. This gen is more in my price bracket right now. She doesn't care what year it is. Thanks

SamIAm

Reaction score
I’m confused, why wait to purchase the flood ESP ins, it dates back to your first purchase date, and the miles are what they are 8-125 or whatever you choose, the esp is transferable and you can always get a refund on a pro rate amount if you do sell without or total your truck. So what’s the advantages of waiting?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused, why wait to purchase the flood ESP ins, it dates back to your first purchase date, and the miles are what they are 8-125 or whatever you choose, the esp is transferable and you can always get a refund on a pro rate amount if you do sell without or total your truck. So what’s the advantages of waiting?

Spending that chowder on mods now.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get mods for some ch

I can get mods done for some chowder, where can I get me some chowder, please, I want me some chowder.

LOL! J/k!

Same place you'd go if were spending a goodly amount of clams on mods, just sayin'.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wait due to the fact that transfering it is a pain. Yes I know as I did it on an F-350. Getting a pro rated refund, ditto. Why not wait. Nothing to lose. Plus you never know if you are going to keep the vehicle that long. Nothing to gain by getting it early.

Sam

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wait due to the fact that transfering it is a pain. Yes I know as I did it on an F-350. Getting a pro rated refund, ditto. Why not wait. Nothing to lose. Plus you never know if you are going to keep the vehicle that long. Nothing to gain by getting it early.

Sam

Although do you not get the free car rental deal in the 3/36?