Purchasing at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Two things: I had a 22 Raptor on order since 10/27/21. The video on price protection previously in this thread refers to Maverick over and over and I didn't hear anything about Raptor. My dealer said that Raptor is a specialty vehicle and that the price protection does not apply AND my '22 that was ordered was "balanced out" and had to be reordered as a '23 which I was told also ends any price protection. Thoughts or other information?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things: I had a 22 Raptor on order since 10/27/21. The video on price protection previously in this thread refers to Maverick over and over and I didn't hear anything about Raptor. My dealer said that Raptor is a specialty vehicle and that the price protection does not apply AND my '22 that was ordered was "balanced out" and had to be reordered as a '23 which I was told also ends any price protection. Thoughts or other information?
1. That’s not correct, but it’s likely they didn’t submit the order correctly in COVP and couldn’t qualify for price protection. Or the more likely is the order never had an allocation so it never even got to the point of price protection.

2.That’s correct.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
In the end, it's up to the dealer to give you price protection on the same model year. People will tell you otherwise, but if the dealer won't do it after you've given them all the "info", there is nothing to be done. Buy it or don't.

I went through the same thing. Sent emails to corporate, even got a few calls back. The nice lady from Detroit HQ that works in customer satisfaction researched it and told me the raptor is not protected.

Bottom line, Raptor is not officially price protected. Dealers may give in and say it is and follow through for some, that is great and I am proud for those fellas. But nobody is going to force the dealer to price protect a raptor.

Worst case, you're paying the same amount as everyone that walks into the dealer and buys one today. So not really the end of the world.

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
My 23 was at MSRP. Inital Low Ball on trade but come up $5K to just about make me whole. Had another order in with a different dealer also at MSRP but it never made it to production and the first one did and has been delivered, so I told the second dealer to cancel or let it come in and sell it at his discretion.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a general market question that relates to MSRP.... Late 2021 the local gouging dealer was asking $35,000 over, and the trucks were gone in a day. This summer they had 3 more on the lot and were asking $20k over and they were gone in about a month. Just now I see a nearby dealer has an in-stock 35" grey truck being heavily advertised online for $5k over.

Is the market that cold now? What's a good price? MSRP? Above? Below?

My truck should be arriving at a far better dealer in 2 weeks. I originally ordered a '22 for $78k (minus the $1395 blue cruse discount), but that order was not filled and the new 2023 is $82k. Thoughts?

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a general market question that relates to MSRP.... Late 2021 the local gouging dealer was asking $35,000 over, and the trucks were gone in a day. This summer they had 3 more on the lot and were asking $20k over and they were gone in about a month. Just now I see a nearby dealer has an in-stock 35" grey truck being heavily advertised online for $5k over.

Is the market that cold now? What's a good price? MSRP? Above? Below?

My truck should be arriving at a far better dealer in 2 weeks. I originally ordered a '22 for $78k (minus the $1395 blue cruse discount), but that order was not filled and the new 2023 is $82k. Thoughts?
General market is a challenging idea as geography makes a big difference. I'm in Southern California and I still see trucks going for $15-30k over. I think it has softened a bit everywhere but not enough for regular MSRP deals on stock units.