Purchasing advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Got a gen 2 raptor and looking to trade it in. Been all over the place with what to get. I love my raptor but I tow my boat quite a bit and it weighs around 6-7k, and so would love something with a little bit more weight and power. I am considering the trx and f250 platinum tremor. I just assumed the raptor r was out of the question since my local dealer had one priced at $60k over msrp…which I’m not doing. So my question is: should I just write off raptor r completely? Are they impossible to find/order for close to msrp? I don’t mind paying a small adm but $20k over seems ridiculous. Raptor R would be the perfect fit for me I think but I’m ok with going a different direction if I have to. Any thoughts?

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor R has some advatanges over TRX but if it's worth ADM is up to you. I got my R for 25k over and till now I'm happy. For me R is more agile, faster and lighter than TRX. It also looks better and has adjustable exhaust valve. But I'm not sure if R is capable of towing heavy loads. If that's important maybe F250 is better? You can also tune its engine as well if you need R power.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
R will still have softer suspension with less towing capacity. Tremor would be the way to go. Then have a Carli kit installed.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess that was a little confusing. I wasn't asking which vehicle I should get. I was just asking if Raptor R trucks are still impossible to find without a massive adm. I understand the f250 would be better at towing, but for my situation, I think the raptor r would be better for me. I may still go with a tremor, but I would prefer a raptor r. Have they eased up on ADMs or do you still have to pay $25k or more? thanks

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess that was a little confusing. I wasn't asking which vehicle I should get. I was just asking if Raptor R trucks are still impossible to find without a massive adm. I understand the f250 would be better at towing, but for my situation, I think the raptor r would be better for me. I may still go with a tremor, but I would prefer a raptor r. Have they eased up on ADMs or do you still have to pay $25k or more? thanks
No

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Ok cool. Thank you! I know that on tremor and trx forums...there are sponsor dealerships where you can order through them...so just wasn't sure if there was a connection like that on this forum. I know these trucks are very sought after so I get it

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ok cool. Thank you! I know that on tremor and trx forums...there are sponsor dealerships where you can order through them...so just wasn't sure if there was a connection like that on this forum. I know these trucks are very sought after so I get it

Every dealer that posts on here is asking over $30k ADM.

As I stated above, a Carli kit on a Tremor would be very close to a Raptor offroad.