Purchasing advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Have you driven a medium duty truck? The ride can be quite polarizing compared to a raptor. Just some food for thought. @Nex is right on the money with the value of the Carli kit.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Have you driven a medium duty truck? The ride can be quite polarizing compared to a raptor. Just some food for thought. @Nex is right on the money with the value of the Carli kit.
I actually haven't lol or at least, not in a long time. I'm a big sports car guy and judge everything by how it handles curves...so when it comes to trucks...I really love the raptor...feels a little more planted in curves. BUT, I also tow my boat occasionally. Soo...it puts me in a dilemma...what do I sacrifice...towing capability or maneuverability? Obviously, that's something only I can answer. So, I'm trying to gather as much info as I can. I think a f250 tremor is going to be on a lot near me sometime soon, and so when it does...hopefully I'll be able to test drive it. Another downside of the f250 is how big it is...my wife on occasion has to drive my truck and she already feels uncomfortable driving the raptor...not sure she would even attempt to drive a superduty tremor.
Every dealer that posts on here is asking over $30k ADM.

As I stated above, a Carli kit on a Tremor would be very close to a Raptor offroad.
Ok thank you! What's the process for getting a raptor r? Can you only buy them off the lot or do dealers have allocations where you could build one? I spoke to one dealer and they said they couldn't get one...so not sure how it works. I think I might try to find one while I'm still trying to decide

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
6-7k is nothing for a Raptor to tow "occasionally". You're probably trying to talk yourself into something else. Get what you want, then buy another Raptor when you hate whatever you end up with. :)

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I actually haven't lol or at least, not in a long time. I'm a big sports car guy and judge everything by how it handles curves...so when it comes to trucks...I really love the raptor...feels a little more planted in curves. BUT, I also tow my boat occasionally. Soo...it puts me in a dilemma...what do I sacrifice...towing capability or maneuverability? Obviously, that's something only I can answer. So, I'm trying to gather as much info as I can. I think a f250 tremor is going to be on a lot near me sometime soon, and so when it does...hopefully I'll be able to test drive it. Another downside of the f250 is how big it is...my wife on occasion has to drive my truck and she already feels uncomfortable driving the raptor...not sure she would even attempt to drive a superduty tremor.

Ok thank you! What's the process for getting a raptor r? Can you only buy them off the lot or do dealers have allocations where you could build one? I spoke to one dealer and they said they couldn't get one...so not sure how it works. I think I might try to find one while I'm still trying to decide
I’m 98% sure you don’t want a 250 lmao

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Why not both? I have my Raptor, and daily drive a 1996 F350 7.3 crew cab long bed. Raptor is the fun truck, OBS is the workhorse. Which I use to tow my ski boat.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Why not both? I have my Raptor, and daily drive a 1996 F350 7.3 crew cab long bed. Raptor is the fun truck, OBS is the workhorse. Which I use to tow my ski boat.
Would love that but already have a fun car and then my wife’s suv…we have an older home so only two car garage. So raptor (or whatever I buy) will sit outside.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
6-7k is nothing for a Raptor to tow "occasionally". You're probably trying to talk yourself into something else. Get what you want, then buy another Raptor when you hate whatever you end up with. :)
Yeh I’ll prob get a ‘24 raptor. But I thought inwould look into an r and see if I can get one. I might also get a trx. I’ve never been real big on having the biggest truck, but after seeing some of those f250 tremors…they look pretty good!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yeh I’ll prob get a ‘24 raptor. But I thought inwould look into an r and see if I can get one. I might also get a trx. I’ve never been real big on having the biggest truck, but after seeing some of those f250 tremors…they look pretty good!

Get seat time in all of them. See which one speaks to you.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went though the same issue with my raptor. I have a surf boat and live on a lake but I need to move the boat to storage and back 2 times a year. I was worried about the towing so I sold my raptor and bought a f250 Shelby Baja thinking I could have the best of both worlds. F 250 was WAY TOO big and terrible to drive for around town so I just sold it after a year and only 2000 miles (didn’t loose too much$) and bought a lightning until my 2024 raptor R comes in q4 2023 or early q1 2024.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I went though the same issue with my raptor. I have a surf boat and live on a lake but I need to move the boat to storage and back 2 times a year. I was worried about the towing so I sold my raptor and bought a f250 Shelby Baja thinking I could have the best of both worlds. F 250 was WAY TOO big and terrible to drive for around town so I just sold it after a year and only 2000 miles (didn’t loose too much$) and bought a lightning until my 2024 raptor R comes in q4 2023 or early q1 2024.

How far of a tow? I am North of you and can help you out with the OBS if need be.