Purchased 2014 svt raptor 3 days ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Well dropped off the raptor this morning and the tick was not present at time of drop off. I showed the person the video of the sound and they said, "woah that is very loud" . 1-2 days for them to diagnose. Not sure it matters but i opted to not mention to them anything about the warranty coverage to make sure they actually look and not try to fix anything. Ill keep yall updated.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well dropped off the raptor this morning and the tick was not present at time of drop off. I showed the person the video of the sound and they said, "woah that is very loud" . 1-2 days for them to diagnose. Not sure it matters but i opted to not mention to them anything about the warranty coverage to make sure they actually look and not try to fix anything. Ill keep yall updated.

Good luck, hope that noise isn't a deal killer and it gets fixed

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way that it just appeared out of no where. They probably did a temporary fix that limited the noise and hoped it wouldn't reappear till after you drove it for 30 days or 3000 miles.. I would get it back to them asap and do you also have a period of time to return the truck? I once bought a truck from Cypress Coast ford in Monterey CA and they did that to me. But I had at least a 3 day window to return purchase which I did cause the first night of ownership the electrical system went haywire. I made some calls and luckily had a friend in the know with that stealership and he said return it immediately, because they new it had problems but could not fix it and since it was intermittent sold it to me hoping it wouldn't show problems till after my 3 day return window was up. Luckily for me it showed quickly but to learn dealerships do try to pass on problems is a ********* eye on the industry. Now I do my research on who I buy from, so hopefully your seller isn't like others and makes right.
Honestly, if its a lifter, it possibly could. Mine just took a **** outta nowhere, no warning at all. They are hydraulic in nature, and when it went, it was during start up, I heard a crunch and then tic. Def entirely possible it just **** the bed

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If it gets quieter after the engine warms up, it may be something as simple as a cracked exhaust manifold or other exhaust leak. They can be loud and sometimes will seal up as things heat up and expand. Fingers crossed for ya.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Well, dealership called me this morning and as expected they told me they could not duplicate the issue. Could it possibly have been a sticky lifter since it had been sitting on the lot for some time?

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Welp, that loud tick/knock is back. Will be going to dealership again in the morning. I just hope it is still present when i get there, otherwise they won't even take off the covers to inspect.

fletch

Reaction score
Having the same issue which just started yesterday morning. Drove the truck about 4 miles then all was normal. The tick was gone when I pulled back into the drive way. Idle is smooth and quiet. OP is where it should be.

2014 SCREW with 71k. It only gets driven once or twice a week if that and has the what I consider normal valve trail tick at start-up which goes away after 3-5 seconds.

Please keep us up to date as to what you find out. I am not in panic mode yet but then again, it is not my primary driver.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Having the same issue which just started yesterday morning. Drove the truck about 4 miles then all was normal. The tick was gone when I pulled back into the drive way. Idle is smooth and quiet. OP is where it should be.

2014 SCREW with 71k. It only gets driven once or twice a week if that and has the what I consider normal valve trail tick at start-up which goes away after 3-5 seconds.

Please keep us up to date as to what you find out. I am not in panic mode yet but then again, it is not my primary driver.
Will do. Its been a week and no response yet. They are also diagnosing my front camera issue. If they tell me they cant duplicate the sound again i guess ill start with a fresh oil change and hope that helps.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
So after 2 weeks they finally called me this morning. They are saying that the v belt and tensioner needs to be replaced... does that sound like a possibility of the source of the tapping?