Purchased 2014 svt raptor 3 days ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Hi all,
Very excited to be joining this community. 3 days ago i purchased a 2014 raptor with 105k miles and 1 previous owner. The truck is in pretty much mint condition. I checked all things recommended prior to purchase and everything looked and sounded perfect. The engine was extremely quiet. Today, i started the truck and an extremely loud tick/knock noise is coming from the engine , more prominent on the passenger side by the valve cover. Does this sound bad to anyone? I have 30 day 3k miles warranty from the dealership

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Dang, get that to the dealership right away, that sounds like a bad lifter or a rod bearing to me. I wouldn't drive that. Phone the dealer and get it towed. Is it a Ford dealer?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't let them drag this on, get it in there on Monday and if it is an engine replacement, you will be waiting for one, I think they are on backorder, so the sooner they look at it and get it covered under warranty, the better off you will be. Good luck and keep us posted. I would call the service manager and tell him whats going on, get the ball rolling, shouldn't cost you a dime, except if there is a deductible on your 30 day warranty.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
Don't let them drag this on, get it in there on Monday and if it is an engine replacement, you will be waiting for one, I think they are on backorder, so the sooner they look at it and get it covered under warranty, the better off you will be. Good luck and keep us posted. I would call the service manager and tell him whats going on, get the ball rolling, shouldn't cost you a dime, except if there is a deductible on your 30 day warranty.
Just looked and its actually 90 day or 3k miles with 100 deductible.