Purchased 2014 svt raptor 3 days ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good part if it's just a lifter, there are parts available to repair the heads, probably should get the rockers replaced, hopefully the warranty doesn't get too chintsy with it. See if you can get pics when they dismantle it, etc.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the 1st actual malfunction I've ever heard on a 6.2L. Just some bad luck there dude. Sorry to hear

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its star ford in glendale,ca. It came out of nowhere. Thank you for the response. It sounds awful and not the way any engine should sound. I called dealership and have to wait til monday to speak with the used car manager...
Don't run it anymore, get it towed. Good luck.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way that it just appeared out of no where. They probably did a temporary fix that limited the noise and hoped it wouldn't reappear till after you drove it for 30 days or 3000 miles.. I would get it back to them asap and do you also have a period of time to return the truck? I once bought a truck from Cypress Coast ford in Monterey CA and they did that to me. But I had at least a 3 day window to return purchase which I did cause the first night of ownership the electrical system went haywire. I made some calls and luckily had a friend in the know with that stealership and he said return it immediately, because they new it had problems but could not fix it and since it was intermittent sold it to me hoping it wouldn't show problems till after my 3 day return window was up. Luckily for me it showed quickly but to learn dealerships do try to pass on problems is a ********* eye on the industry. Now I do my research on who I buy from, so hopefully your seller isn't like others and makes right.

OP
OP
Kidmoro

Kidmoro

Reaction score
There is no way that it just appeared out of no where. They probably did a temporary fix that limited the noise and hoped it wouldn't reappear till after you drove it for 30 days or 3000 miles.. I would get it back to them asap and do you also have a period of time to return the truck? I once bought a truck from Cypress Coast ford in Monterey CA and they did that to me. But I had at least a 3 day window to return purchase which I did cause the first night of ownership the electrical system went haywire. I made some calls and luckily had a friend in the know with that stealership and he said return it immediately, because they new it had problems but could not fix it and since it was intermittent sold it to me hoping it wouldn't show problems till after my 3 day return window was up. Luckily for me it showed quickly but to learn dealerships do try to pass on problems is a ********* eye on the industry. Now I do my research on who I buy from, so hopefully your seller isn't like others and makes right.
Yeah i had a 2 day window and the noise started on day 3. I did however drive the truck today to bring my dog to the park. The noise was there upon start up and by the time i got to the park the noise was no longer there... suggestions? Im scheduled to bring it in in the morning. Im hoping it comes back so they dont tell me nothing is wrong.