Progressive springs UCA's and Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Progressive front springs UCA's and Tie Rods

OK so I purchased the Progressive front springs and gonna keep at Mid Perch after install on my 14. Got SVC's UCA's (beautiful) and Alpha1 Tie Rods (also beautiful) to help out a bit with the stress of going up almost another two inches. I will post pics once all this is done in a few weeks. I will also keep everyone informed how the ride is the actual increase in the front heighth etc. Also let everyone know how it does in 4x4 since this is pushing it close to top perch. Little_D who has a 13 is over 16000 miles on mid perch with progressive springs so I hope I am fortunate as he has been as I know this is pushing the envelope a bit.

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many have done this with SVC components as well as other venders. There shouldn't be any issues at all.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many have done this with SVC components as well as other venders. There shouldn't be any issues at all.

Not any issues with SVC upper control arms. The issue is the two inch taller progressive springs on mid perch. For a post 2011 model. Mine is a 2014 so that is pushing into top perch land.

D

Deleted member 12951

I updated my springs and left it at mid perch. Butt is definitely higher now but did not know that I should be updating these two items too. Dang why does one damn mod keep leading to another, it never ends....

ve2u2uba.jpg

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I updated my springs and left it at mid perch. Butt is definitely higher now but did not know that I should be updating these two items too. Dang why does one damn mod keep leading to another, it never ends....

ve2u2uba.jpg

Folks please understand I am talking about replacing the FRONT springs not the rear springs. These springs are progressive not linear like our Fox springs. These are the Geiser Brothers progressive front springs. There are multiple post on here about them. I apologize for any confusion.

By the way......that Ruby Red is beautiful.

Last edited:

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it and let us know. Just did the progressive springs at mid perch still trying to see if I like it. Ride is miles away better than the stock springs on top perch but still a little stiffer than I'd ideally like. love the looks though!

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do it and let us know. Just did the progressive springs at mid perch still trying to see if I like it. Ride is miles away better than the stock springs on top perch but still a little stiffer than I'd ideally like. love the looks though!

Jake, do you feel the truck is totally level or a bit nose high? Most folks say it's a bit stiffer on the highway.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how this turns out as it is the same route I plan to take but keep the springs on bottom perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk