Procharged Gen 1 6.2 Raptor vs JDM Tuned Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2018 gen 2 Raptor with the Whipple kit (intake,intercooler & tune) I also have SPD turbo adapters and a catback Magnaflow exhaust. Since you guys race a lot what options do I have next. I’ve looked at the new AMS boost tubes but it doesn’t seem like there are many other options??? My truck is a daily driver so I need it to stay reliable but I want more power! Any ideas

Ams tubes, downpipes, if youre feeling real froggy, **** injection amd a new tune

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good lookin truck man! I suspect the tubes wont add more peak power, but the hope is for less lag and more torque with better throttle response.

**** is a big step kinda, but at the same time its pretty easy and quite effective. If you have a good source for **** it boils down to keeping an eye out for the low **** warning/flow indicator and filling an aux tank every month or so depending on how you drive.

Rick McCraner

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I figure I have at least 500hp now since 450hp is stock and I know I can’t go by the claims of the after market companies. The Whipple kit claims 70hp, SPD turbo adapters claim 20hp, and the Magnaflow exhaust claims another 15hp. I figure I can count on half those claims. I think I’m going to look into upgrading the turbos. I’m not really considering the **** because I don’t want to fill up separate tanks. The SPD downpipes with upgraded cats I’ve looked at but SPD claims no HP gains ??? Which is weird.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I figure I have at least 500hp now since 450hp is stock and I know I can’t go by the claims of the after market companies. The Whipple kit claims 70hp, SPD turbo adapters claim 20hp, and the Magnaflow exhaust claims another 15hp. I figure I can count on half those claims. I think I’m going to look into upgrading the turbos. I’m not really considering the **** because I don’t want to fill up separate tanks. The SPD downpipes with upgraded cats I’ve looked at but SPD claims no HP gains ??? Which is weird.

There is a company on here that was talking about it. I think it was like $4500 for the turbos.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The procharger got him off the line... but got pulled top end. The whipple/roush won’t be better than the procharger top end. Unless that instant torque from the whipple/roush really puts the truck a few truck lengths further ahead at the start, it’ll be the same outcome & much worse on the top end.

Didn’t expect that to happen though...nice kill.

The Procharger makes the least amount of power out of the three forced air induction available to the 6.2L
By about 80 HP and 60 Torque.
Even with the best Tune from Livernois, and it's still not Raptor friendly with the Raptor's torque management control.
Also the Whipple and the Roush power curve does not go flat like the Procharger.

One day a show down between a Whipple Stage 2 with the new Gen 4 compressor and fully modified Gen 2 needs to happen.
Actually the Whipple Gen 2 or 3 compressor will do as well.

Last edited:

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the Raptor become a drag truck or is this a small set of enthusiasts doing this? Can these mods help in the off-roading capabilities/situations? Do they provide the low-end torque needed at times or does the transmission and gearing take over those responsibilities? I understand power is power and trying to understand where that power is situated within the power band and how does it translate to off-road?

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has the Raptor become a drag truck or is this a small set of enthusiasts doing this? Can these mods help in the off-roading capabilities/situations? Do they provide the low-end torque needed at times or does the transmission and gearing take over those responsibilities? I understand power is power and trying to understand where that power is situated within the power band and how does it translate to off-road?

Depends on your kind of offroading.

Rock crawling? no. Wide open full throttle hooning with the tires off the ground occasionally? More power the better.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is a Whipple stage 1 which is around 475 RWHP
The video shows the Whipple has power at any giving time no need to keep the Raptor screaming to stay in the power band.

Last edited:

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My procharger d1sc setup made 493rwhp 8 psi with only a catback this wasn’t the stage 2 kit either. This was a 3rd gear pull because speed limiter was set at 100mph. 4th gear would be 500+ Pretty sure it’s not 100hp less than any other blower.

The Procharger makes the least amount of power out of the three forced air induction available to the 6.2L
By about 100 to 150 HP and Torque.
Even with the best Tune from Livernois, and it's still not Raptor friendly with the Raptor's torque management control.
Also the Whipple and the Roush power curve does not go flat like the Procharger.

One day a show down between a Whipple Stage 2 with the new Gen 4 compressor and fully modified Gen 2 needs to happen.
Actually the Whipple Gen 2 or 3 compressor will do as well.

3CA18619-6665-4002-AA6E-F83D03E6CE8C.jpeg