Raptor 6.2 2012 4 door vs 6.2 2010 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johnnytapia

Reaction score
I got a silver 2011 Gen 1 6.2 SCREW. In the past I've had an all black Toyota truck, VW Rabbit GTI, & Porsche 944. My verdict: black is not the right color for something you want to use and enjoy; it's the color for something you want to show off. It shows water marks and wax swirls when it's not showing scratches, dings, paint chips, and dents. It's also more likely to be fu cked with or keyed by random as sholes. I don't need that in my life. I don't want to play the "park as far away from other cars" game like I did in the 944. I don't want to drive at half speed to avoid scratches, aka "Barstow Pinstriping", in the Dez. Just my 2cents.
That was some real knowledge. I appreciate the comment! I ended up going with the black one since it was 10 hours of driving that I saved. I’ll definitely keep that to heart for my future purchases !

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my black Raptor. Nothing looks better than a black Gen 1. With the curves of the fenders, it gleams from all angles. Who cares about some little scratches or patin chips- you don't see any of that from more than 5 feet away.

Still get nothing but gawking from the other (mostly Chevy) truck owners as they walk by for a now 11 year old truck.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my black Raptor. Nothing looks better than a black Gen 1. With the curves of the fenders, it gleams from all angles. Who cares about some little scratches or patin chips- you don't see any of that from more than 5 feet away.

Still get nothing but gawking from the other (mostly Chevy) truck owners as they walk by for a now 11 year old truck.
Agreed. I followed a black Gen 1 SCREW on the freeway today, it makes me want to get mine up and running asap.