Procharged Gen 1 6.2 Raptor vs JDM Tuned Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to a see a truck similar to yours against a whipple or roush GEN1. That would be a sweet race. I've never liked the pro charger for the 6.2

Id like to give another run with some downpipes...

For clarity, my relevant mods are:

-Team JDM tune
-SPD turbo adapters (ported turbo outlets)
-AFE intake
-AFE hot side pipe
-Whipple intercooler
-Turbosmart BOV

The rest of the exhaust is stock. Im curious about the cold side pipes too to complete the intake tract...

Also VERY happy with the Deavers, not a a single wheelhop

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The procharger got him off the line... but got pulled top end. The whipple/roush won’t be better than the procharger top end. Unless that instant torque from the whipple/roush really puts the truck a few truck lengths further ahead at the start, it’ll be the same outcome & much worse on the top end.

Didn’t expect that to happen though...nice kill.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The procharger got him off the line... but got pulled top end. The whipple/roush won’t be better than the procharger top end. Unless that instant torque from the whipple/roush really puts the truck a few truck lengths further ahead at the start, it’ll be the same outcome & much worse on the top end.

Didn’t expect that to happen though...nice kill.

Thanks man. Im glad I was able to run him down. Very nice guy I have met before. He actually pulls a lot with his truck.

Off the line wasnt really even the truck, I just had a poor reaction time. I know you guys get all excited over "that V8 torque", but Im making peak torque (of over 600 ft/lbs) in the mid 2k's and launching at 2k....

I ended up losing overall in double elimination. A diesel pulling truck took the whole thing. I raced him once and it was close, but he just squeezed me out at the top end.

Heres another run against and F350 Diesel

Rick McCraner

Reaction score
I have a 2018 gen 2 Raptor with the Whipple kit (intake,intercooler & tune) I also have SPD turbo adapters and a catback Magnaflow exhaust. Since you guys race a lot what options do I have next. I’ve looked at the new AMS boost tubes but it doesn’t seem like there are many other options??? My truck is a daily driver so I need it to stay reliable but I want more power! Any ideas