Pro Power Onboard – 2KW - Dual Alternators and Horsepower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

I finally found a dealer to order a 37 pkg. I was interested in the Pro Power OnBoard 2kw option. According to specs online, this option adds an additional alternator(generator) and battery. Will dual alternators reduce engine horsepower and torque or is it negligible?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say negligible. Nowhere near the drag of an A/C compressor. Not nothing, but not worth writing home - or to FRF about ;-)
Now I'm curious what in the heck we're going to be running @ 2k watts in the bed while were driving lol. Run an extension cord through the rear sliding window and plug in a mini fridge and 65" flat screen for Netflix and work commute

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when did they promise you a Raptor for? There is basically no drag on an alternator. Good thing is, it will be a longer belt and wont have to be replaced as soon. I wonder where the dual alternators will be mounted.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I'm curious what in the heck we're going to be running @ 2k watts in the bed while were driving lol. Run an extension cord through the rear sliding window and plug in a mini fridge and 65" flat screen for Netflix and work commute
I think I'll use it for something like this (not that it needs the 2k watts):

OP
OP
Y

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when did they promise you a Raptor for? There is basically no drag on an alternator. Good thing is, it will be a longer belt and wont have to be replaced as soon. I wonder where the dual alternators will be mounted.
Later next year. There's some info on the f150 forum. It looks like a 2 belt system. Maybe someone who own's a 21 could chime in.

Attachments

• generator.jpeg
    generator.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 138

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use that extension cord to charge your Mach-E or whatever EV you own (in flight) as your flying down the highway. Now that would be sick AF!!