Pro Power Onboard – 2KW - Dual Alternators and Horsepower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck D

Reaction score
I just got a Surron. Does anyone know how well these charge on pro power? I'll probably take it to Moab in March.

amazin

Reaction score
If I understand it correctly on the 2021 Raptor the 2.4 kw generator is standard and the 7.2 kw is an upgrade option. Others will know better than me and maybe someone can add some wisdom here.

OP
OP
Y

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly on the 2021 Raptor the 2.4 kw generator is standard and the 7.2 kw is an upgrade option. Others will know better than me and maybe someone can add some wisdom here.
2kw only for raptor as a $995 option in 2022. No hybrid raptors yet.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi

I finally found a dealer to order a 37 pkg. I was interested in the Pro Power OnBoard 2kw option. According to specs online, this option adds an additional alternator(generator) and battery. Will dual alternators reduce engine horsepower and torque or is it negligible?
Both alternators are clutched, so they are be disengaged from the belt drive when not needed. The secondary alternator stays in a standby mode when demand is low, so there will be little to no additional drag. When the primary generator is at maximum output, the secondary generator is engaged. The maximum system output when stationary is 2kW; when driving the maximum is reduced to 1.5kW.

For the price of the system, I can't see not opting for it. The use cases are endless.

OP
OP
Y

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both alternators are clutched, so they are be disengaged from the belt drive when not needed. The secondary alternator stays in a standby mode when demand is low, so there will be little to no additional drag. When the primary generator is at maximum output, the secondary generator is engaged. The maximum system output when stationary is 2kW; when driving the maximum is reduced to 1.5kW.

For the price of the system, I can't see not opting for it. The use cases are endless.
Thanks for info. I'm going to get it. What's 1K when spending 80K.

Any idea how much this option would reduce the 1400 base payload with the dual batteries? I was trying to find a member with a 37 truck to see actual payload. My 18 payload was 1048lb loaded with all options.

Last edited: