Rolled to a 23, dealer says avalanche gray is “late avail color” and 2k pro power required with 37 package..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order of a 22 placed in January for a 37 package just was rolled to a 2023. The dealer talked with their FSR and said avalanche gray is a late available color and it’ll further delay my order. Has anyone else heard that? He also says the configuration for 2023 on the 37” package requires the 2k pro power option. I argued that it’s a stand alone option in the order guide and he said it forces the change when he entered the order. Is that bullsh*t? I’m getting a msrp 37 so try not to whine.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order of a 22 placed in January for a 37 package just was rolled to a 2023. The dealer talked with their FSR and said avalanche gray is a late available color and it’ll further delay my order. Has anyone else heard that? He also says the configuration for 2023 on the 37” package requires the 2k pro power option. I argued that it’s a stand alone option in the order guide and he said it forces the change when he entered the order. Is that bullsh*t? I’m getting a msrp 37 so try not to whine.
Pro power and under seat storage required for 37 2023. It's in the order guide.

anity93

Reaction score
Attached was my order before I cancelled it after buying a 37 package elsewhere. The storage and pro power were a must.

Attachments

• C.Andrews Raptor Order.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 87

bobbylights

Reaction score
Why would color have anything to do with it? They are making several trucks in that color now. I hope it’s not delayed because that’s the color I chose as well.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already unanimous, but the pro-power and rear storage are required on the 37pp - I noticed they were required by the order guide, but I was going to order them anyway...

As for the Avalanche Gray, I have not previously seen that the color was going to be 'late availability', so I can't really comment on that. I know there are a lot of orders for it though. My order is CO, and with that being the case, I wouldn't have been advised of a delay on Avalanche Gray.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only place I’ve read of Avalanche as a “late color”. It would make sense for the new colors to take longer years ago, when it was done in batches by hand and they did panels separately. Now, it’s automated. As you can see in the FMC videos, every vehicle on the line is done in the color selected for that VIN in order. The paint booth video always irked me because they are spraying Black on one vehicle in the same room as Red behind it…simultaneously. Seems like overspray would get on vehicles but I’m sure they have it worked out.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it could be late avail. op said that they offer avalanche in other f150's which is true but they make most of them in louisville the upper trims are dtp only . thats why platinums kr and limted and raptors are dtp only everything else is kentucky. thats why some colors are not avail in all trims

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s my dealer being wrong. Only way I could rationalize it was if they were holding it until the R was in production but that didn’t make much sense either.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why with the 37 package the pro power is required, but on my raptor r order it is not available. R has 37's, so why no pro power???.