GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doberer

Reaction score
let there be light...

plug is in the console but not connected...problem is there is nothing to hook the damn light to (nothing that it snaps in to) so I glued it to the bottom in 2 different spots. The light bar is shaped such that is only fits one way. Took about 10 minutes, 7 of which was going where to put the damn light and why isn't this snapping into place..fine I will glue it.

Rating..6 of out 10...nice to have to have but functionally useless. For the price $15, tack it onto something else you are already buying next time. While I was in there I ran the USB cord thru the base under the slider part and up thru the rubber center section where I put the iphone while driving so it hides the cable out of sight - now the slider closes all the way now. I like that better.

Connector taped to the shifter cable, just tear away from the shifter cable and it gives plenty of slack
IMG_0555.jpg

Plugged in
IMG_0556.jpg

Installed
IMG_0557.jpg

USB Cable (red of course like the Raptor)
IMG_0558.jpg

lifeline

Reaction score
Good job, part id mystery solved. Why some of us have the light and others do not remains a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doberer

Reaction score
Good job, part id mystery solved. Why some of us have the light and others do not remains a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my best guess would be based on the shifter trim lower panel version. if the shifter supports the light being clipped in I bet it is installed, otherwise deleted (like mine). No way the light would install otherwise from the factory. From what I can tell there are several versions of the shifters so that might have something to do with it (auto park, lane assist, etc)

Last edited:

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my light yesterday and it was the same outcome. Had to glue it in, and it does not show gear selection.

Reaction score
My 2017 802a does light up. It illuminates as soon as I open the door to get in. My headlight switch is in the “auto” setting and I do not have the tech package. Also it is a Canadian spec truck if that helps.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work gentlemen, minimal investment and more shiny things to look at...I like it

Cfoltz

Reaction score
2018 802a - No lights

Let’s us know how it works out. Went ahead and ordered one also a week ago. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. If not I’m only out $15.

I have a new 2018 802a, no tech package...Same issue, no lights. Took to the dealer, and they seemed clueless as well. Apparently they called for help to Ford and have ordered this exact part to "fix" the issue. Interesting they have another 2018 on the showroom floor with the same issue, and have ordered the part for it as well.

I wonder how they will attach it? Time will tell...Once I know i'll post again. Part should arrive in a couple of days.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres some interesting information regarding this thread. This is what the Ford Dealers see.
SSM 47312 2018 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018

Attachments

• SSM 47312.jpg
    SSM 47312.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 327