GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBG

Reaction score
I looked everywhere for answer to this but couldn’t get a definite answer, I have a 2018 802A package Raptor Supercrew. Do the PRNDM letter light up or no? Do I have a problem with my truck? I recently purchased it and want to get any issues straightened out.

Attachments

• 2DC8072F-4A37-4F10-B399-F87C1C402131.jpg
    2DC8072F-4A37-4F10-B399-F87C1C402131.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 557

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In all but manual mode, you have the usual PRNDM selection and on the dash there is a gear position display. The gear selector position indicator lights up, and the dash gear indicator lights up. Also, the shifter position selection is highlighted.

If you hit the +/- or a paddle in normal, sport -I think- Mud and sand, baja and mall/starbucks mode, the gear position indicator disappears. paddle or +/- again and they reappear.

If you select manual shift mode, you get another indicator on the dash - M1(-10) that reflects what gear the truck is in.

OP
OP
S

SBG

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that the gear is displayed on the dash, but just wasn’t sure if the console letters Lighted up, I called my sales rep and he said they don’t light up and I found that odd, anyone have a picture of theirs that light up? So I can show these guys and they can get this fixed.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that the gear is displayed on the dash, but just wasn’t sure if the console letters Lighted up, I called my sales rep and he said they don’t light up and I found that odd, anyone have a picture of theirs that light up? So I can show these guys and they can get this fixed.

The gear indicator on the console should light up IF you have your parking lights or headlights on. If it's not lighting up with the parking lights or headlights on the dimmer switch to the right of the headlight switch must be dimmed down too low.

OP
OP
S

SBG

Reaction score
The gear indicator on the console should light up IF you have your parking lights or headlights on. If it's not lighting up with the parking lights or headlights on the dimmer switch to the right of the headlight switch must be dimmed down too low.

I tried to turn the dimmer up highest as it goes still not lighted up, can I assume there’s a problem?

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lighting.jpg

it should look like that, make sure you have the light switch in the on position or parking mode. if yours does not light up at all then yes you have a problem. also like others said make sure to have the dimmer all the way up. mine works but I've only had it on the highest setting for the dimmer.

lighting.jpg

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to turn the dimmer up highest as it goes still not lighted up, can I assume there’s a problem?

If it's not lighting up when your parking lights or headlights are on.....than yes. Otherwise....it's not suppose to light up if your parking lights or headlights are off.

OP
OP
S

SBG

Reaction score
Yeah, I tired all the options to get it to turn on, I’ll see if any dearship services are open today and get it fixed. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter