GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a huge thread on F-150 forum about this. The member that did most of the research is also a member here. I can't think of his name.

I don't know if I'm the guy you're talking about, but I did it. There was like 10 articles each with a different set of part numbers. It started with a guy who took an XL f-150 with no lights what-so-ever that retrofitted his truck to have the ambient lighting. Of course that is a much more involved install, but I wound up buying a bunch of crap I didn't need, and eventually got it right. The whole install really isn't that hard. I linked a few videos on how to get the door panels off, and I gave my notes, including how to use a hot glue gun to hold the clips in place so they don't rattle (kill two birds with one stone). The lights really were easy to replace. Someone with the un-illuminated PRND should open their console and see if the light is there and just not plugged in. If it is not there, I am almost positive the connection for it will be there because it is tied into the rest of the harness iirc. If the connection is there, it might be as simple as ordering the light. If anyone lives near Augusta, and wants help with this, let me know.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it. $300 in parts and a few hours of labor to switch colors maybe twice during ownership? I think I'll stick with blue lol

My 17 F-250 had selectable colors. Changed them 2 times just to see how it worked and left them on Blue

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it on blue in December, red in February, orange in October, green in March. I change mine all the time. Especially on the way to Starbucks.

Let the memes fly.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean you can't get it to work if you choose to buy the part and install as some others did, or will that no longer possible?

I am sure you could buy parts and make something like this work, what I meant by "I don't think there is a fix for this" is that it is not an error or broken, so there is really nothing to fix. If your truck does not have these lights I am sure you could find the parts necessary to install such lights, but then that is a mod, not a fix.

T!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could buy parts and make something like this work, what I meant by "I don't think there is a fix for this" is that it is not an error or broken, so there is really nothing to fix. If your truck does not have these lights I am sure you could find the parts necessary to install such lights, but then that is a mod, not a fix.

T!

I guess what I really meant was can I expect to find the plug inside if I decided I wanted this to function?

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think you have to do all that to reach the plug. I replaced my shift lever with the carbon one and plugged mine in through the shift boot.

Look for a thread on how to replace that. Its way easier and takes 2 min.

where is this thread? removing the grey trim on my 18 is proving difficult, particularly where it fits next to the climate controls

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is this thread? removing the grey trim on my 18 is proving difficult, particularly where it fits next to the climate controls

The horizontal grey trim (along the shifter etc) is clipped in the vertical grey trim (along the media stuff and vents). Make sure to pull it (the horizontal part)back towards the rear of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk