GEN 2 Pricing Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have current MSRP deal in place with one dealer at continent wide distance from me. They've been awesome and constantly update me. I'm #2 on their list (at least according to what they tell me). They are a larger dealership so I'm hopeful I'll get the truck by March at the latest - of course earlier would be better but I'm setting my expectations lower just in case.

I then heard of a dealer more local to me who was offering slightly over invoice. I inquired and it was indeed only about $1500 over invoice. Nonsense ensued and I backed out as a result. Not worth the aggravation. In the end I'm spending about $3300 more by buying @ MSRP (course not including a flight there, but I'm viewing that as a vacation opportunity - getting to drive my brand new truck across the country on the open road - AWESOME!)

Just be wary. When a dealer says they're placing your order, take it with a grain of salt. I've seen now all kinds of fake documentation drawn up showing that an order was supposedly "submitted." You have no real way of knowing how many other people are ahead of you and if a dealer wants to jerk you around because you won't fall into line with their shenanigans you may just find yourself at the back of that line.

Long story short - I WAS done with the hunt and was sticking with MSRP. I attempted to secure a better deal and it's clear now that not everything is exactly as it at first appears. So once again, I'm done. Sticking with MSRP and #2 on the list & order submitted (both hopeful statements), and STAYING done.

Best of luck to you all! No matter the price we each pay one thing's for sure, we're all going to enjoy our Raptors when we get them!

porsche332

Reaction score
New update, 3 local dealers out all want MSRP, 1 local dealer 1k over invoice but #3 to order. 2 Pa. Dealers from list on here 500$ over invoice both seem good to work with but far from me. Received a letter from another dealer today 30 mins from house,( the one your f150 is worth big $ to trade.). Called him and he will also do 500$ over. Meet tomorrow to order truck. Oh, 1st on his list.

I will bet you that truck you do not get a 2017 Raptor at $500 over Invoice.No dealer will waste his time for that little profit this early on.Lets see it in writing tomorrow.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I will bet you that truck you do not get a 2017 Raptor at $500 over Invoice.No dealer will waste his time for that little profit this early on.Lets see it in writing tomorrow.

I will buying the 17 for 500$ over, I have 3 committed dealers for that price.
These dealers ALL have a holdback, (3% is a start) do the math the dealer can easily make 2500$ on a 500$ over deal!

pr18

Reaction score
Canadian Pricing is death

I Just received an email from ford Canada customer service. They said that pricing is not going to be released until fall, which is in line with what a local dealer told me. I did get a price breakdown from another dealer which was the same as the op. Just letting you guys know.

Last edited:

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did MSRP on mine. No one in AZ is doing invoice and if you get it an invoice its because you either have a connection or long standing relationship with them. MSRP is the best i could find. I will enjoy the truck thats for sure.

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got tired of shopping around here in AZ and did MSRP on mine. In the end, i will be happy. Everyone was wanting 5-10k over msrp. invoice is only a about 3-4k savings so if you can get it for invoice then congrats.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got tired of shopping around here in AZ and did MSRP on mine. In the end, i will be happy. Everyone was wanting 5-10k over msrp. invoice is only a about 3-4k savings so if you can get it for invoice then congrats.

Closer to 5K difference depending on options but if you gotta have it now. Just hate to see anyone pay more for a vehicle then they have to. But then I'm the Invoice thread guy lol! Congrats and GL on the wait!!

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Closer to 5K difference depending on options but if you gotta have it now. Just hate to see anyone pay more for a vehicle then they have to. But then I'm the Invoice thread guy lol! Congrats and GL on the wait!!

Yeah, the wait begins. LOL. They took my money already so i better hear that order was atlas submitted and accepted by ford in next couple weeks. I don't mind waiting on it. I just want o know that it is being built. lol