Powder Coat Color To Match Fox Live Valve Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be interested as well...have considered doing my beauty rings in this color.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG seemed to match it well.

Some shots it looks good others it looks off. Im not sure if its a lighting thing or what.

There was a guy on here who had his powered coated Eibachs that looked perfect but I think Eibach did if for him as they used his truck for testing but then never offered the springs in that color.

kholding

Reaction score
Is powder coating springs better than having them painted? I'm not sure how hot the oven bake for powder coating gets, just curious if it would be bad for the springs? Thanks.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is powder coating springs better than having them painted? I'm not sure how hot the oven bake for powder coating gets, just curious if it would be bad for the springs? Thanks.

Powder coating is definitely better than paint, 100% better. A good powder coating place should know at 350 degrees you're good, and not going to ruin the springs. 400 degrees and above, you will. So heat is a major player.

I'll second Prismatic. They are the only powders I ever use.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the time you can color shop at Prismatic Powders. That's where I got the match for my wheels.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/color-match

I looked at that option but is $300 to have them match it and takes 8 weeks. I have seen some photos on here of people that have matched the springs before and they look perfect. Just curious if anyone got the code.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked at that option but is $300 to have them match it and takes 8 weeks. I have seen some photos on here of people that have matched the springs before and they look perfect. Just curious if anyone got the code.

I didn't mean to have them make a color match. Look on their site and you color shop for what looks close. They will send you actual color chips, they apply the powder on aluminum strips so you can see exactly what to expect. They charge a few dollars including shipping for the color chips. They have so many colors, something has to be very close. I ended up finding 2 different colors that were VERY close to Magnetic.