GEN 2 Post you favorite Big Mod and your favorite Unique or Bling Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I remember why I don’t like CJPonyParts. I purchased the running board inserts, tomorrow is Day 10 since they were shipped. I’m one state away and they use some bs shipping method that takes the part to a 3rd party, then transfers it to UPS, who eventually ships it to the USPS. They could have used the post office or UPS and it would have been here in 2 days max. Instead, I’ll be at 10 days, and 3 different shippers have touched it opening the door for 3x the opportunity for problems. Geez.......

More BS with CJPonyParts. I've been trying to call all day, wait time is ~52 minutes. "press 1 and we'll call you back" I tried that and the recording said the estimated call back time is 2452 minutes. WTF? Really?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More BS with CJPonyParts. I've been trying to call all day, wait time is ~52 minutes. "press 1 and we'll call you back" I tried that and the recording said the estimated call back time is 2452 minutes. WTF? Really?

Thanks for the heads up. Will put them on the "No purchase" list.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What size were the snow tires you bought?
LT315/70R17

same as stock, from what I can tell seems about the same weight or less than my KO2s on the OEM beadlocks (2018) - could be the Nokians slightly heavier but the base 17” cast wheels are lighter than the forged beadlocks.

pic Of the nokians when first mounted stockers in the bed & here’s a front pic of the rappy graphics & triple bezel fogs....& a swarf works side mount license plate bracket

84A9D8C2-E64C-4381-A988-B66B8A5DA48F.jpeg

C7958A64-4753-4CEB-9668-43CC5ED72237.jpeg

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LT315/70R17

same as stock, from what I can tell seems about the same weight or less than my KO2s on the OEM beadlocks (2018) - could be the Nokians slightly heavier but the base 17” cast wheels are lighter than the forged beadlocks.

pic Of the nokians when first mounted stockers in the bed & here’s a front pic of the rappy graphics & triple bezel fogs....& a swarf works side mount license plate bracket

View attachment 148031

View attachment 148032

Thanks. Being north of you means I'll be doing the same thing. Cheers

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Being north of you means I'll be doing the same thing. Cheers

they work very well in all winter conditions, are studdable, & made specifically for the raptor I would think since it’s the only snow tire in the OEM size. As for offroad effectiveness def not as good as the KO2s or a true AT, but not a passenger tire either - I would say probably equivalent to a Michelin AT2 or something. Good enough to to be plenty confident over snow covered fields etc

They don’t look bad on the raptor either from behind the tread kinda has a “sporty” look to it

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they work very well in all winter conditions, are studdable, & made specifically for the raptor I would think since it’s the only snow tire in the OEM size. As for offroad effectiveness def not as good as the KO2s or a true AT, but not a passenger tire either - I would say probably equivalent to a Michelin AT2 or something. Good enough to to be plenty confident over snow covered fields etc

They don’t look bad on the raptor either from behind the tread kinda has a “sporty” look to it

I think I'll play with powder coating the original wheels for the snows.

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
Thought I’d start a thread for posting some of the members favorite mods and maybe “bling” mods or unique mods that members are proud of. Whatever you think others might find interesting or cool. And if you have anything kinda unique or that you “made-up”, by all means, put it here! Show off a little...all good!

My favorite “Big Mod” is probably my Borla ATAK...since it’s pretty much all an auditory mod, i’ll put my 2nd favorite mildly spendy mod...The Rigid Round 360 series Fog Light Kit from Specialty Performance Parts. Love the look and the amount of light these blast down the backroads I drive and live on.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...eries-fog-light-kit-choose-your-3-light-pairs

View attachment 147177 View attachment 147178

My favorite Bling Mod which I think is kinda unique but simple and only cost about 60 bucks are modified running board badges. You can pick up the good quality stainless steel badges for $40 but they’re silver...don’t really go with the Raptors mostly matte accents; but I sanded them up a bit and then painted them a color matching ruby red with multiple coats and then clear coated over the course of about a month:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/america...s-steel-pair-f-150-raptor-2017-2019/p/772095/

Turned out better than I hoped and so far holding up remarkably well. I like it cuz it’s unique and just a subtle bling though surprised how many folks have commented on em.

View attachment 147179 View attachment 147180

Your turn! Show us your favorite Big Mod and your Unique or Bling Mod. Pictures are a must...or as 911Crazy says: “pictures or it’s a Prius”
How did you get the tow hooks red? Did you paint them yourself or replace the black ones?

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did line-x in my bed when I first got the truck. Not a particularly bling thing, but the truck is Avalanche and I color matched it.

Attachments

• 20170308_132708.jpg
    20170308_132708.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170308_132825.jpg
    20170308_132825.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 21