GEN 2 Post you favorite Big Mod and your favorite Unique or Bling Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, may have to order them, then. How hard were they to paint?

Very Easy. Spray paint (see below). I just removed the shrink wrap and then sanded with pretty fine sandpaper to scuff the surface for paint adherence. Then spray painted per instructions (2 light coats then one moderate coat), let it cure for a week. I repeated the same process with the colored paint (red metallic in my case) after a week then waited another week. 3rd coat was the clear coat (again, 2 light coats then one moderate as instructed on the can). Let cure another week. Finally, followed instructions to apply. Cleaned and dried “Raptor” on step thoroughly, then wiped with isopropyl alcohol and let dry. Kit comes with an adherence enhancer to apply to the site, then the 3M backing is removed and then carefully apply the appliqué to the site. Press very firmly. It really sticks solid.

What paint did you use to match the ruby red?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000994BUM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GKEXW0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Did the same thing to a couple other Silver things I that seemed better painted the Ruby Red:
D98809BF-2B9B-443A-9F7E-7C3A63085692.jpeg
C7655E51-1B93-4EF9-B5F2-D433E04E3E78.jpeg

931F7FF2-EC95-455F-991C-3379ADD917C3.jpeg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
20191114_171213.jpg 20191114_170853.jpg
Reflective vinyl Raptor decals
20191029_152715.jpg
SmartSelect_20190906-225735_Google.jpg
Silver Waterproof paint which matches the silver OEM wheels.
20190828_195704.jpg

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I remember why I don’t like CJPonyParts. I purchased the running board inserts, tomorrow is Day 10 since they were shipped. I’m one state away and they use some bs shipping method that takes the part to a 3rd party, then transfers it to UPS, who eventually ships it to the USPS. They could have used the post office or UPS and it would have been here in 2 days max. Instead, I’ll be at 10 days, and 3 different shippers have touched it opening the door for 3x the opportunity for problems. Geez.......

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Favorite performance mod easily gearhead tune, then probably getting a set of Nokian Hakka snow tires on a set of takeoff base 17” OEM wheels which makes the thing outrageously capable in winter.

Favorite bling mod thus far pretty tame as I’m a more understated guy, but the Rappy Graphics “subdued reflective American flag” grill lettering really compliments my black truck.

I also really like the rigid radiance triple bezel fog light kit from offroad reliance. Looks like OEM, adds some flair & def helps throw extra light in rural areas

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite performance mod easily gearhead tune, then probably getting a set of Nokian Hakka snow tires on a set of takeoff base 17” OEM wheels which makes the thing outrageously capable in winter.

Favorite bling mod thus far pretty tame as I’m a more understated guy, but the Rappy Graphics “subdued reflective American flag” grill lettering really compliments my black truck.

I also really like the rigid radiance triple bezel fog light kit from offroad reliance. Looks like OEM, adds some flair & def helps throw extra light in rural areas

I think y'all need to include pics with your claims, just sayin'.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What size were the snow tires you bought?

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score