possible v8 in new 2020 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No expert by any means,but aren't all the New Gen2's 6cyl..? The Shelby's they are selling now are V6...with all the fancy bumpers,chase racks and lights...I was at a Raptor gathering last month and parked right next to 3-4 of the $100K+ Gen2's and were all V6's...Several Ford dealers brought them over and were telling me they dont even get sent to Shelby,they just add the fancy shit in house...He was trying to sell me one and told me to "listen to this" (not knowing I owned the V-8 next to it...I just laughed and told him to listen to this....I won that "match".. :)
Not sure,but does the SUPER SNAKE Raptor have the V-8...??? I know they are pushing $140K...

what is a super snake Raptor???

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

19Stripper

Reaction score
I think the shelby package is a package they can add to any model? Most out here that I've seen were 5.0s with a supercharger. Lots of power but crazy expensive. And they dont have the suspension of the raptor but they are lifted with bigger tires. Look like the last gen's "Tonka truck" version imo. Dont know how people are willing to pay the price tag on em. Had one pass me and rev beside me on the highway a couple days ago while I was towing a 12ft trailer with a sidebyside... He made my weiner look bigger somehow.

No expert by any means,but aren't all the New Gen2's 6cyl..? The Shelby's they are selling now are V6...with all the fancy bumpers,chase racks and lights...I was at a Raptor gathering last month and parked right next to 3-4 of the $100K+ Gen2's and were all V6's...Several Ford dealers brought them over and were telling me they dont even get sent to Shelby,they just add the fancy shit in house...He was trying to sell me one and told me to "listen to this" (not knowing I owned the V-8 next to it...I just laughed and told him to listen to this....I won that "match".. :)
Not sure,but does the SUPER SNAKE Raptor have the V-8...??? I know they are pushing $140K...

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the shelby package is a package they can add to any model? Most out here that I've seen were 5.0s with a supercharger. Lots of power but crazy expensive. And they dont have the suspension of the raptor but they are lifted with bigger tires. Look like the last gen's "Tonka truck" version imo. Dont know how people are willing to pay the price tag on em. Had one pass me and rev beside me on the highway a couple days ago while I was towing a 12ft trailer with a sidebyside... He made my weiner look bigger somehow.

Correct....and correct about the $$$...Guy I bought mine from sent it direct to Shelby from the dealer and dropped $20K...and that was the "cheap" package without all the pretty bells and whistles...just more POWER (and decals you can see from a mile away,but you take what you get...now I cant hide from the GF...)
Funny,I thought that was crazy $$ when he faxed me the bills..I bought mine sight unseen,no test drive,arrived on transporter...and before I even got home with it I said,Damn,worth every penny...now if I can just find a Doctor to get this grin off my face...11 months now and my jaw hurts..!!
LMAO....I just turn my head and smile when they pull along side...got nothing to prove,as my Mechanic says,ya got the fastest truck in the county...and he owns the new Shelby Mustang....Dont get many "Fords" trying to get me to hit the gas,most just slow down along side me for a few miles...seems like its the RAM BOYS that want to prove something...had one last night for miles along side me slowing down,speeding up for 5 miles....Made MY weiner as big as Johnny Holmes...LOL
Happy Turkey Day to all..!!!