Possible to add to or edit built in text responses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to edit or add to the built in Sync list of text choices? I've got Sync VersionGen1 - V4.0.2 in my 2012.

I'd like to add a few built-in responses, like "OK" and "See you soon"

Thanks.

Last edited:

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you can edit the ones that are already there cause Ive done it by mistake but I have a '13 and like you said I think the software is different. Dont think you can add any but most of the pre-loaded ones I would never use so you could just completely edit those. Problem with me is that I only usually play with it at stoplights and then get pissed when the light turns green cause I cant mess with it while vehicle is in motion.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problem with me is that I only usually play with it at stoplights and then get pissed when the light turns green cause I cant mess with it while vehicle is in motion.

Well, if you receive a text while driving and listen to it, even while moving you can still send a reponse from the list of pre-built messages. At least in mine you can.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you can edit the ones that are already there cause Ive done it by mistake but I have a '13 and like you said I think the software is different. Dont think you can add any but most of the pre-loaded ones I would never use so you could just completely edit those. Problem with me is that I only usually play with it at stoplights and then get pissed when the light turns green cause I cant mess with it while vehicle is in motion.
nav-tv will solve that problem for you