Possible black gen 3…how would I keep the paint looking pristine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Ceramic Coats are awesome and make the cleaning process easier BUT they are not screen protectors like you use on your phone. Scratches will eventually show if run it through the carwash and use improper washing technique.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A set of mudflats on the front would do wonders for you. Without them, if you drive through one small puddle, you wind up with a big streak of water/dirt shooting up the side of your truck at a 45° angle.
They are on my list. Not worried about them in the summer as much, but definitely will need them in the winter.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had two new vehicles ceramic coated this year. Never have previously.

My 2021 white Raptor and wife’s 2022 black Stinger GT2.

So far so good. The black is still a bit of a PITA, but was expecting that.

I have noticed both vehicles accumulate a TON of static electricity and are magnets for dust and fuzz. Maybe it’s the super arid Sonoran desert climate? Anyone else notice this with ceramic?

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owning any black vehicle is a part time job...You said, you are particular? Simple...don't get a black truck...you will never enjoy it....its get dirty literally as you wash it...wash one side...the other gets dirty....Do they look great? Yes...the trucks that are obessesed over and have $3K ceramic treatments. etc...ppf.....Wait for the color you want...any color...Anti Matter Blue (which I love) is pretty hard to own as well....maybe easier than black. Unless the Black has a significant metallic flake ...it will show swirls....its paint will get scratched with swirls marks from people looking at it...its that bad. If you can accept that it will look like a truck, scratches and all...get black. White, Silver, grey are a breeze to own...you can ignore them for a month...do a quick wash and they look pretty good....Dont even get me started about hard water spots......whether it be a sprinkler overspray, or rain that was followed by some dust in the air...water spots will ruin your day....get the point? black is beautiful, but its an angry, high maintenance girlfriend that demands constant attention...It is not worth it!!!

But it is the best color....it look so badass when it is clean!!!