Pontoon Boat Towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackkk

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I currently tow a 24' Champion bay boat with a dry hull weight of 2400lb. I just sold the boat and ordered a 23' pontoon boat with a hull weight of 2600lb. I know that the wind drag makes it harder to pull at highway speeds, but my concern is the weight distribution (tongue weight). Is anyone else towing a pontoon boat? How is the tongue weight or weight distribution of a pontoon boat?
Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude you wont have any problem with that. I live by a huge lake and people with suv's tow boats like that. I've towed a travel trailer with more weight and wind drag plus a full box of quads and dirtbikes. Grab a java from Starbucks and tow that bitch while you sip on your latte, relax. :birgits_tiredcoffee

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
We tow a 21ft Pontoon Boat with our Raptor. I don’t tow over 65mph because of the aerodynamics of a Pontoon Boat (tall, light, tows like shit). That said, you’ll be fine. If you’re going to tow far distances (I only tow mine twice a year and about 20 miles each way) get a weight distribution hitch with the anti sway bar just to help keep the boat stable. It’s basically like towing a large parachute!
2B9D33AB-DBDC-4609-9B21-7DBD27689522.jpeg

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I currently tow a 24' Champion bay boat with a dry hull weight of 2400lb. I just sold the boat and ordered a 23' pontoon boat with a hull weight of 2600lb. I know that the wind drag makes it harder to pull at highway speeds, but my concern is the weight distribution (tongue weight). Is anyone else towing a pontoon boat? How is the tongue weight or weight distribution of a pontoon boat?
Thanks

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Thanks

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Thanks
I’m towing a 26.5’ tritoon up a steep Mt road! Tows better than my Gen1 did. Deavers help!!!

Attachments

• 9BB57012-12A4-4539-A0E1-BA714F1E3910.jpeg
    9BB57012-12A4-4539-A0E1-BA714F1E3910.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 18

Josh84

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Thanks
I have a 24' pontoon and would never need a WDH. My camper is 31' and 690lb tongue weight and that for sure needs a WDH.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I've never towed a pontoon boat but do tow a variety of trailers. On our travel trailer at 6300 lbs dry with a 675lb hitch weight tows nicely with a weight distribution hitch. I recommend Andersen Hitches, but haven't used other brands. It's pretty stable even with high winds. Anything over 5000 lbs. Ford requires a weight distribution hitch (2017-2020 Raptors). I did upgrade to Deavers +3 HDs to reduce the squat but more for the off-road improvement. Even with the distribution hitch it squatted a little much.

IMG_0762.jpg

bsauers

Reaction score
I’m towing a 23’ Bennington with my Raptor and zero issues. 80 miles and didn’t break a sweat. You’re good to go!