Please Welcome Underpressure Power and Performance to FRF [turbos inside]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you watch the installation video, at about 37:00 minutes, they start talking about the skid plate. They provide spacers to lower the skid plate down for clearance.

The stock skid plate still won't protect all that shiny new piping very long offroad, even an aftermarket could probably bend up into that if you get after it hard enough

CK@UPP

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

Skid Plate.....You mean this skid plate?

attachment.php

The kit is designed to use the factory skid plate, but from what I understand TMT's plate bolts in the factory location, and therefore would be able to work with this kit as well. Buy yes, I suppose if you tried hard enough you could destroy just about anything, regardless of where the pipes are.

Attachments

• Skid.jpg
    Skid.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 110

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came.... twice, that said, would never get because I love my rpg raceline bumper, maybe they'll have a revised design somewhere down the road.

CK@UPP

Reaction score
Good lord you guys are hard on these things. How do you not blow the airbags?

I've seen the video of the 40' jump, which completely destroyed the truck, but I figured that was a rare occurrence.

So would a reinforced skid shield be called for?

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pounded out my skid plate three times. I'm done. Better approach angles now! I would crush your exhaust. Love the power though. I would just need some paddles for the rear end of the Raptor at the dunes. This little mishap bashed in my skid plate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 57

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I've seen the video of the 40' jump, which completely destroyed the truck, but I figured that was a rare occurrence.

Raptors have modified air bag deployment conditions compared to any other vehicle on the market, the offroad mode also modifies those conditions even more so that the air bags only deploy in the most severe of conditions, completely destroying the truck is a fairly rare occurrence though

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Skid plate is indeed needed for the conditions most of the people here abuse the raptor for
Lokin at the way the pipes are bellow the front crossmember this the first thing u guys want to tackle
Rerouting them above the crossmember would be saver, if possible