PLEASE HELP - Looking at a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not of even took the truck for a few days if you did not like the paint / 5 owners and waste $125 on inspection! Sounds like you already had your mind mad rip when you pulled off the lot

:beatdeadhorse5:

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards passing on this particular one but I’ll keep looking for one that wasn’t beat on as much. The pics make it look clean, and it is for the most part but there are several things that bug me about it. The paint is in terrible shape. It just doesn’t show up in pics. I’d be the 5th owner. At least one of them was hard on it. Are there any other resources for finding one other than the big online car search websites?
Pass on it, there are more fish out there. My paint was flawless even though it had a few owners. You can always tell if a truck has been abused. I am sure you 19 is flawless so that would be a tough move if it’s not cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards passing on this particular one but I’ll keep looking for one that wasn’t beat on as much. The pics make it look clean, and it is for the most part but there are several things that bug me about it. The paint is in terrible shape. It just doesn’t show up in pics. I’d be the 5th owner. At least one of them was hard on it. Are there any other resources for finding one other than the big online car search websites?

Just saying the build I just finished is for sale...

70B0BA61-D622-4804-A554-7BECD5708E8A.jpeg

3110A579-0539-4229-BCAA-3F47F0094390.jpeg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or get the gen1 do the plugs and call it a day [emoji16]. I had no reservations about my gen1 at 96k miles. Old school NA engine solid old school ford built ford tough. That’s not to say I wouldn’t enjoy a gen2 but insurance and registration in Ca also plays into my decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My explanation was shorter.

Wampa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't read through all the pages but read your initial post, but 35k is way to much for that. I recently bought a 14' SE with 70k miles for less. 61k on your 19 is fair trade, I sold mine with 13k miles for 60k a couple months back.

One thing I learned about purchasing a gen 1 is be patient, there are a handful out there.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't read through all the pages but read your initial post, but 35k is way to much for that. I recently bought a 14' SE with 70k miles for less. 61k on your 19 is fair trade, I sold mine with 13k miles for 60k a couple months back.

One thing I learned about purchasing a gen 1 is be patient, there are a handful out there.
The market has increased 3-4K int he past 30 days just FYI! Your 14 Se has a trade in value of 37k now! Up from 34k 30-60 days ago