PLEASE HELP - Looking at a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck knowing the shocks and plugs needed to be done. Just use it as leverage for a lower price or have them do it.

Truck looks clean from the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the nitto all terrains quieter than the BFGs? I can’t believe how much louder the tires sound in the 14 vs my 19

Is the exhaust stock? If so that’s any easy fix.........

In all seriousness the gen 2 I have ridden in was a bit more refined/tighter and had less road noise. Keep in mind this was offroad so I couldn’t hear tire noise but I could hear everything else. The 2019 F150 I was in was very quiet too.

basically the Gen 1 is going to be louder, but the good news is you can make it louder!

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m stressing trying to decide. It will be my only vehicle and I drive about 12k miles a year. If I keep my 19 I’ll get the ford esp power train warranty. Gen 1, do $1k in maintenance and hope I don’t have major issues. Either one I want to keep for years

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I'd vote 19' if you're worried. And get a warranty. You'll sleep better.
Or get the gen1 do the plugs and call it a day [emoji16]. I had no reservations about my gen1 at 96k miles. Old school NA engine solid old school ford built ford tough. That’s not to say I wouldn’t enjoy a gen2 but insurance and registration in Ca also plays into my decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards passing on this particular one but I’ll keep looking for one that wasn’t beat on as much. The pics make it look clean, and it is for the most part but there are several things that bug me about it. The paint is in terrible shape. It just doesn’t show up in pics. I’d be the 5th owner. At least one of them was hard on it. Are there any other resources for finding one other than the big online car search websites?