Pinging under light throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockyot

Reaction score
Took my truck into the dealer at about 5000 miles with a light pinging under partial throttle. They said they could not reproduce it. I now have almost 10,000 miles and am still experiencing light throttle pinging going up hills not towing. I have already tried different fuel grades and also fuel stations. Any thoughts?

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher octane fuel needed. May have got a contaminated tank of gas. (Unlikely though). Other options could need a timing adjustment either within the tune or old school depending on the year and model of the truck. More info is really needed to help you. Truck, year, motor, any mods, current fuel used, Ethanol content, any tune on your truck and so on needed to know.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a tuner installed? Do you have a CAI installed? either of them can be the cause.

OP
OP
Rockyot

Rockyot

Reaction score
Pinging

Here's an update. 2014 screw 6.2 L no engine modifications at all. I have been to 10 different gas stations and have tried 87,89 and 91 fuel and everything remains the same. I have only been to Theodore robins Ford. They don't seem to have a technician dedicated to SVT vehicles? Is there a dealership in orange county California that anyone would recommend? That has a tech seriously interested in solving problems?