Picked up my 24!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
It’s called buying local, and supporting your local economy, friends, neighbors and tax base!
Your right and I definitely made sure I did. You see, MO doesn't collect sales tax for out of state vehicle purchases. So I'm happily paying my $8K in sales tax directly to the CA DMV. Luckily my local dealers will enjoy the service and warranty revenue. We did buy our Explorer ST right down the street and they offered an MSRP truck order but didn't have a truck coming anytime soon, being I was out of a vehicle at the time I had to find a truck quick. I do appreciate you thinking of my local community and neighbors though!

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
Picked up on Thursday, excellent experience at Thoroughbred Ford in KC MO! Went to Berckmans Place (IYKYK) at the Masters for the practice round Wednesday, flew from ATL to KC on Thursday. Absolutely love the truck, 1800 miles home to SoCal with a detour to Northern Utah to pickup my trailer, a couple Marriott nights and a couple camping nights (in the trailer) Virg1n River Rec Area in AZ is incredible!! Perfect weather all week, sun shining 60’s and 70’s in every state.

Have several trips planned for summer and fall! Baja, Sequoia, Yosemite, Big Sur, Tahoe.

Tows very well, the trailer is 24’ x 8’ @ 5k LBS wet, its quite tall for its size as its lifted from factory on MT's. Using a Fastway E2 10k lb WD hitch, need a little more adjustment on height & preload and I’ll have it dialed in. A little bit of porpoising over patterned bumps, otherwise feels super solid, doesn't budge in the wind.

Got mid 8 mpg towing, tons of hills, passes and valleys averaging in the low 60MPH range faster down hills, sometimes slower up them. Its what I expected, but hoped for a bit more.
Damn nice package!! How did the suspension do towing?

I bought a 23’ in January and have been back and forth from Va to Montana. Best damn truck I have ever had!! I have a dually to pull my 5th wheel back and forth. Only have towed an aluminum motorcycle trailer with the Raptor.

Congrats!!

OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Damn nice package!! How did the suspension do towing?

I bought a 23’ in January and have been back and forth from Va to Montana. Best damn truck I have ever had!! I have a dually to pull my 5th wheel back and forth. Only have towed an aluminum motorcycle trailer with the Raptor.

Congrats!!
Suspension did well, WD hitch is a much to minimize sag in the rear. A bit porpoising under certain conditions, but I can work that out with a few more hitch adjustments. 2k miles on it, had to a week. LOVE IT.

Powerlies

Reaction score
Awesome truck. When you get a chance please go to to

2024 Initial Thoughts, in the forum and see if your FAV In your center display lower bar does the same as my 2024 does. I like your summer plans.​