Phoenix Area trails?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by Nate19, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

There should be a cattle guard you can cross right at the end of 163rd. I haven't been out there in a long time. There's some other spots to access it from the Lake Pleasant side too. I don't know if they closed it down though.

2. ICLOSEM

ICLOSEM Full Access Member

There is a cattle guard but it has a fence across it. I am guessing it closed down. Not sure if it can be open and closed.

3. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

If there's no sign stating "No trespassing" or anything like that. You should be good to go on in. It's public land back in there. There's a lot of places I've gone that are behind those shitty wire gates as far as public land goes. There's also another entrance if you keep following the road another 1/4 mile or so.

4. ICLOSEM

ICLOSEM Full Access Member

There were some signs I am not sure of the exact verbiage but it was definitely implying it was closed. I am going to have to go check out the other area by the white tanks.

5. jsouth5

jsouth5 Member

I've only hit the dirt road between Tortilla Flats and Roosevelt, with a pit stop up to the Reavis Trailhead. Not real offroading, just rough dirt roads to finally get some dirt on it (bought it in August).

Anyone have a favorites? A little bit of speed and fishtailing without too much risk of the "Arizona pin stripes"...

Also, do you all have radios? I know it's required for Arizona Raptor Runs...just wondering if it's common with you guys outside of that.