Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greetings all! Hope everyone is well.

Like some others I don't have a Raptor but an '18 F-150 and was hoping someone could help since Phoenix support is garbage (all they did was have me update the MCU and FW and said sorry that's all we can do...). Has anyone had the random song skipping or random screen switching(example I'll be in waze and then all the sudden it will go home or open the radio or some other screen) issue? any fix? Also using the steering wheel controls when I skip a song it skips 2 songs and mutes the audio. Would any of this be fixed by getting that other guys FW?

I have the PX6 six-core with Android 9

Surgey will spend some time helping you troubleshoot your issues before he asks you to pay anything. In fact, with me, he discouraged me from getting his software until my issues were fixed. He seems to keep records of what others with the same vehicle as you have their system configured to, so he'll ask you to take screenshots of your config, then tell you what settings he thinks are wrong.

In short, his FW won't fix your issues, but he might be able to. In my opinion, his FW is worth it just for the various skins he provides, but of course, if your unit isn't working right, skins don't matter.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should be able to connect your phone to the tablet via bluetooth, then use the tablets app for phone calls (you should see the icon in the top menu bar). For whatever reason, I can't connect via bluetooth to my tablet personally, it's as if bluetooth wasn't installed or something. I have a ticket with Phoenix about it...which they aren't responding to.
I just tried to connect via bluetooth and nada. It’s as you say, almost like the unit doesn’t have it. Did you ever get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just tried to connect via bluetooth and nada. It’s as you say, almost like the unit doesn’t have it. Did you ever get this resolved?

No. I suspect that my tablet doesn't have the hardware by spec, or it's just failed/never passed inspection, for BT or something like that. I can't imagine that BT would not be in the spec for every tablet made in the past decade. I have not looked in sometime, but the custom PHX software never connects to anything. The Android notification icon at the top right shows that it's off. Going through the android settings, any attempt to turn it on just doesn't do anything.

It never was a high priority feature for me, as I tend not to receive many phone calls while driving. For audio, I have Wifi, so there's no reason to use BT audio. And I still have BT through SYNC 3, and that's working good enough for my limited needs. It was problem when I had a connection problem and the SYNC 3/backup camera wasn't showing up most of the time, but now that is resolved for the most part, it's useable.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no use for it either but now i want to run a BT obd2 device for gauges etc on the unit. Not possible though without BT working [emoji17]

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey for you guys with the fast boot PX6's is there a fan on the back of your unit? And where is it placed exactly? I'm pretty sure I'm getting heat issues where it just knocks out my sync side when I pull up console. It doesn't affect operation but everything goes down like it was the cable issue. Works perfect initially for maybe 30 mins or so than craps out. Turn everything off for a little bit and it works again like normal. I ended up getting back there today after it went down again and the sync module and the area it mounts to were pretty damn hot.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no use for it either but now i want to run a BT obd2 device for gauges etc on the unit. Not possible though without BT working [emoji17]

OK will I ordered an OBDlink OBD2 to USB cable, fished it up through the dash and have it plugged directly into the Phoenix. The diagnostics and gauges can't be beat! I programmed my 'Radio' menubar button to launch the OBD2 Link. Slick.

42ce6fa9e1eab01fd6a754e0279d001e.jpg

912ba9bbdd5ee61e6ea380b3e840af5a.jpg

e1a9d0f51404768c002464a80f3ab3e3.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else with Sergey's firmware get the notification for an OTA upgrade on their PX6? I did, downloaded the update but was unable to applying, stating the file wasn't valid. Checked the FB group an apparently, this is common. To resolve send a direct message to Sergey via FB, with a screenshot of your system version, and he'll email you steps to resolve. Basically, doing two updates, and getting OTA working properly.

FYI, there aren't any release notes for the update, and Sergey states that it's really just maintenance/bug fixes, rather than additional functionality.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else with Sergey's firmware get the notification for an OTA upgrade on their PX6? I did, downloaded the update but was unable to applying, stating the file wasn't valid. Checked the FB group an apparently, this is common. To resolve send a direct message to Sergey via FB, with a screenshot of your system version, and he'll email you steps to resolve. Basically, doing two updates, and getting OTA working properly.

FYI, there aren't any release notes for the update, and Sergey states that it's really just maintenance/bug fixes, rather than additional functionality.
Yea it installed for me last weekend just fine on PX6 fastboot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me what the speaker they have you plug in does? i keep hearing a low beep noise from mine. like 3 beeps every 15 seconds, driving me nuts

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can someone tell me what the speaker they have you plug in does? i keep hearing a low beep noise from mine. like 3 beeps every 15 seconds, driving me nuts
No idea but i didn’t put it in at all.