Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the units first came out.... that speaker allowed you to hear Bluetooth calls connected through the unit while you were listening via the sync console. It also allowed for voice prompts from the preinstalled navigation software, again when using the sync 3 console.

the truth is no one really uses it any more.

can someone tell me what the speaker they have you plug in does? i keep hearing a low beep noise from mine. like 3 beeps every 15 seconds, driving me nuts

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone take a screenshot of their Google Maps initial screen?

The reason I ask is that I see maps start with the sidebar (covers part of search bar), and the only way to get Google maps to "normal" mode is to hit hamburger menu >> Start Driving option.

So just curious how Maps look like on your end when you start app for the first time.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally replaced my PX3 (which died after a year...) with the PX6 android 9. Wow. It "just works"...I was gonna get that dudes custom firmware but don't really see a need for it. Great sound quality, split screen works perfect, very snappy interface. Highly recommend the latest version...I think even grandma could figure it out.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nik

tell us what you really think about the px3?

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any must-haves in Sergey's firmware? Or if stock is working should I just stick with it? The fiddler in me wont leave things alone...

Also, my PX3 showed the outside air temp on the top bar, it’s not there on the px6. Anyway to show it?

And do y’all have your truck GPS and the Phoenix GPS plugged in? I plugged in the Phoenix one but didn’t see another input to plug my Ford one in...

Edit: Found the temp display in the "install settings" section that needed passcode 666888, show temp was set to "off"

Last edited:

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any must-haves in Sergey's firmware? Or if stock is working should I just stick with it? The fiddler in me wont leave things alone...

Also, my PX3 showed the outside air temp on the top bar, it’s not there on the px6. Anyway to show it?

And do y’all have your truck GPS and the Phoenix GPS plugged in? I plugged in the Phoenix one but didn’t see another input to plug my Ford one in...

Edit: Found the temp display in the "install settings" section that needed passcode 666888, show temp was set to "off"

The Phoenix GPS sensor plugs into the PX6 itself. The stock GPS sensor plugs into the Sync Module that you had to remove and than mount to the PX6.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it pretty much wired now using the immersive settings app...now if only I could get my iphone hotspot from disconnecting after 1 minute. Then I reconnect to it and it's good for the rest of the drive....who knows. Hoping the new iphone tomorrow fixes it or I may go with a Verizon Humx wireless hotspot.

z2a

Reaction score
Just installed a px6 in my truck and so far everything seems to be working, but the 360 camera view distorts the picture and makes the truck look loooooooong! The truck is long already but it looks like I’m backing up 1.5 raptors when I shift into reverse. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a minor point, but something that was bugging me with the PX6. I use the Amazon music app about 75% of the time, but album art would never display correctly, usually displaying only the top half of the image. It looked pretty stupid. It looks the Amazon music app got updated, and this issue is completely fixed. I'm seeing full album art, only downsize is that it doesn't seem to be fully optimized to use the full screen, but I'd much rather have that then half an image.

As a bonus, Amazon also modified how they display lyrics. It used to be in a normal size font, which was somewhat difficult to read. They've switched it to a much larger font, which is pretty easy to read, probably around 20-24 pt font.

Minor stuff, but fixes one of the issues I dealt with on the PX6.