Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
How many people on this thread has sync navigation gps problem or I’m the only one has it

I have two truck 2018 and 2019 I order two unit and installed in two different truck
Both has same issue when I drive it shows far from my current location when I turn left it turn right

Anyone had find the solution yet??

Mcdonaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I am having now is the screen is flickering for the sink three it doesn’t work I have to unplug the sync47408a4388d9ca7910dbad28d7987b25.jpgplug in the back and plug it back in to bring the sync back up to working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the issue with no sound from apps, everything else seems to work with my '17 raptor. They sent me a can update from January and it worked. The only issue now is the GPS from sync is way off. I use wayz however and it works fine. I just turn on my Hotspot from my phone and it links right up

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the issue with no sound from apps, everything else seems to work with my '17 raptor. They sent me a can update from January and it worked. The only issue now is the GPS from sync is way off. I use wayz however and it works fine. I just turn on my Hotspot from my phone and it links right up

Can you post or send me the can update you got from Jan?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Can you give me a quick rundown on how to get sound from the apps? I had it working before, but can't seem to get it going again. I close out the console, open the youtube app, video works fine, but still getting the sound from the Sync radio, AM, whatever.

I tried switching the Sync source over to my phone also, then closing out Sync, still no sound from app.

Hopefully there is a tried and true step by step, I will have to commit to memory. I hadn't used any Phoenix apps in a while.

datnut

Reaction score
Is sync gps is working fine??
As far as I know, everyone that had factory navigation is experiencing issues. Phoenix called me this evening and said they were going to contact their engineer to resolve. Not holding my breath. I filed for a refund, but may wait to see if they actually come up with a fix.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
As far as I know, everyone that had factory navigation is experiencing issues. Phoenix called me this evening and said they were going to contact their engineer to resolve. Not holding my breath. I filed for a refund, but may wait to see if they actually come up with a fix.

Yeah, my Synch gps is still ***** too. It pegged me in the right place, sitting in my driveway, once you start driving though... Luckily I strictly use my phone for gps.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you give me a quick rundown on how to get sound from the apps? I had it working before, but can't seem to get it going again. I close out the console, open the youtube app, video works fine, but still getting the sound from the Sync radio, AM, whatever.

I tried switching the Sync source over to my phone also, then closing out Sync, still no sound from app.

Hopefully there is a tried and true step by step, I will have to commit to memory. I hadn't used any Phoenix apps in a while.

I just got my unit installed 2-3 days ago. Had the issue with the no apps sound and after checking everything they asked, I got on the phone with one of the reps in Cali. He double checked everything then sent me some links, 1 for DL of the can update from January and one for the instruction video. I followed these instructions and applied the update. After that, apps worked like a charm.

SimipleCanUpdate -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/18kl5u9nmkbr6is/AABQVOTZCU_dEoyxZgGbKKkFa/2.26.19 f150 ac off temp display/simplecanupdate.bin?dl=0

To be clear, I have applied NO other updates to this unit, so if you have, I don't know if this will work. Try AYOR

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I just got my unit installed 2-3 days ago. Had the issue with the no apps sound and after checking everything they asked, I got on the phone with one of the reps in Cali. He double checked everything then sent me some links, 1 for DL of the can update from January and one for the instruction video. I followed these instructions and applied the update. After that, apps worked like a charm.

SimipleCanUpdate -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/18kl5u9nmkbr6is/AABQVOTZCU_dEoyxZgGbKKkFa/2.26.19 f150 ac off temp display/simplecanupdate.bin?dl=0

To be clear, I have applied NO other updates to this unit, so if you have, I don't know if this will work. Try AYOR
Understood. I have the current update. If you could, simply walk me through your procedure to open an app on the Phoenix. Start truck, close Sync, open app, etc.. Sorry to be a pain, but I would have killed to have it sitting in traffic this afternoon. :)

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. I have the current update. If you could, simply walk me through your procedure to open an app on the Phoenix. Start truck, close Sync, open app, etc.. Sorry to be a pain, but I would have killed to have it sitting in traffic this afternoon. :)
Well, not exactly sure what your looking for. Start the truck, from remote or normally doesn't matter. From the PAO, select Apps, tap the app your trying to open, in my case it's Youtube music. Tap the playlist or song your trying to play. It should switch audio input automatically from the console to whatever app you opened.