Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, not exactly sure what your looking for. Start the truck, from remote or normally doesn't matter. From the PAO, select Apps, tap the app your trying to open, in my case it's Youtube music. Tap the playlist or song your trying to play. It should switch audio input automatically from the console to whatever app you opened.
Gotcha. Mine does not do that. Before, it would take some toggling switching the Sync input, then turning off Sync, then it would work. Now, no worky. I will mess with it some more when I have free time. The way you describe is what I would expect. Thanks.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Mine does not do that. Before, it would take some toggling switching the Sync input, then turning off Sync, then it would work. Now, no worky. I will mess with it some more when I have free time. The way you describe is what I would expect. Thanks.

Have you called directly? I know a lot of people have had issues getting support but I got one the first time I called. Called me with Google DUO and determined exactly what I needed.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My audio is the same way now. It used to switch fine automatically but then I did the canbus update and it will only play radio through sync 3 now.

I've been trying to load the different version of canbus but it won't start loading no matter what I do.
I pulled the radio last night and put the stock one back in. If they can get updates out next week, I'll put it back in, otherwise I'm tapping out and will keep an eye out for them to get things more stable.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My audio is the same way now. It used to switch fine automatically but then I did the canbus update and it will only play radio through sync 3 now.

I've been trying to load the different version of canbus but it won't start loading no matter what I do.
I pulled the radio last night and put the stock one back in. If they can get updates out next week, I'll put it back in, otherwise I'm tapping out and will keep an eye out for them to get things more stable.

I didn't put the latest can update in, I believe it was the late march update, I did update to the Jan update and it seems to be working quite well. *knock on wood

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a post previously about restoring the unit to factory. You may consider doing that then applying the Jan update. Just a thought.
That may have been my post. I have read of a late January and March CANBUS updates. All I know is the one that was released to correct an issue with the cooling seats not working, Guy had originally posted as well as the img update that was released on 26 Feb 2019.

I am running both, had asked for a previous version of the CANBUS but never got one.

They did send me the xml files that when installed reset the "Settings" and "advanced Settings" back to how they were when the units shipped. It does not remove any of your apps or anything else. It is just a settings reset. Many of the settings are hard to understand what they actually effect. I am sure there are some that do multiple things.

I tried the following as an example. You are parked and go into Advanced Settings and look for the Soft Reverse. Put foot on brake and put into reverse and the cameras should popup on screen. Pu into park and the advanced settings screen should pop back on and toggle the Soft Reverse setting. Don't save or anything, now put into reverse and the cameras do not load. Put back into park and toggle back to original setting.

With that, I think many of the settings can actually be tested without the save and reboot and waiting for the whole reboot process to happen.

In one of their videos they state that if your unit does not have the save and reboot button options then just turn off vehicle, open and close door and turn back on.

So I am thinking that changing option in settings may take effect immediately as you change them so be careful and recommend making specific notes on any changes you make and the resulting effect that change has.

Maybe we can get a settings list put together to help all of us.

Sorry home with the flu and rambling on.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That may have been my post. I have read of a late January and March CANBUS updates. All I know is the one that was released to correct an issue with the cooling seats not working, Guy had originally posted as well as the img update that was released on 26 Feb 2019.

I am running both, had asked for a previous version of the CANBUS but never got one.

They did send me the xml files that when installed reset the "Settings" and "advanced Settings" back to how they were when the units shipped. It does not remove any of your apps or anything else. It is just a settings reset. Many of the settings are hard to understand what they actually effect. I am sure there are some that do multiple things.

I tried the following as an example. You are parked and go into Advanced Settings and look for the Soft Reverse. Put foot on brake and put into reverse and the cameras should popup on screen. Pu into park and the advanced settings screen should pop back on and toggle the Soft Reverse setting. Don't save or anything, now put into reverse and the cameras do not load. Put back into park and toggle back to original setting.

With that, I think many of the settings can actually be tested without the save and reboot and waiting for the whole reboot process to happen.

In one of their videos they state that if your unit does not have the save and reboot button options then just turn off vehicle, open and close door and turn back on.

So I am thinking that changing option in settings may take effect immediately as you change them so be careful and recommend making specific notes on any changes you make and the resulting effect that change has.

Maybe we can get a settings list put together to help all of us.

Sorry home with the flu and rambling on.

No problem. I figured out a couple, like the brake detect setting being off allows for videos to play while driving, that kind of thing. I also found out that the reset to factory in the settings button is different than the Android reset which WILL reset your apps. I did both when troubleshooting the 'no sounds from apps' issue. Now that I've gotten it working, I'm hesitant to mess with anything more atm.

Mcdonaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Abrax what happens when you do a reset from the android settings please specify. I am having an issue with my console screen staying on. Everything works fine turn the truck off come back an hour later my console screen just flickers. Only way I have made it work again is unplug the big connector going in to the sync unit and plug back in. Then it works again till I turn truck off. I have had the unit a week and the console has always done this. Im at a loss called customer service and they just took my name down. Not sure how to tell if I have the latest update or what. I was said by someone not to do update bc then I would loose audio on my apps. Everything works fine now but console screen issue and of course navigation being off. Im at a loss now was wondering if maybe messing with the wallpaper messed anything up. I almost did the android reset yesterday but was worried I would loose all the software I guess Phoenix put on it... Side not I have unplugged and replugged in every connector behind the unit to see if it fixed the issue only that fixes it is the sync connector.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Abrax what happens when you do a reset from the android settings please specify. I am having an issue with my console screen staying on. Everything works fine turn the truck off come back an hour later my console screen just flickers. Only way I have made it work again is unplug the big connector going in to the sync unit and plug back in. Then it works again till I turn truck off. I have had the unit a week and the console has always done this. Im at a loss called customer service and they just took my name down. Not sure how to tell if I have the latest update or what. I was said by someone not to do update bc then I would loose audio on my apps. Everything works fine now but console screen issue and of course navigation being off. Im at a loss now was wondering if maybe messing with the wallpaper messed anything up. I almost did the android reset yesterday but was worried I would loose all the software I guess Phoenix put on it... Side not I have unplugged and replugged in every connector behind the unit to see if it fixed the issue only that fixes it is the sync connector.

Go to settings, then hit the additional settings tab which will take you into the Android options like volume, account sign in, wifi etc. Scroll through there to backup and reset.