Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Guy, Dec 27, 2018.

1. BIGDJE

BIGDJE Member

cant wait i did my pre order few weeks ago

2. mata

mata Member

My only fear, is that for us guys with the 4`` screen; it will mirror the sale lame graphics to the new screen

3. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

For you folks.... I believe you would want to look into a replacement of the brain as well. There is a 7.1 android fast boot option that replaces the guts.

That’s not an ideal solution for the sync 3 users because many of the sync 3 features are lost with that swap.

4. BIGDJE

BIGDJE Member

was talking to them today on whatsapp said they will ship units before end of the month

cant wait tired of that tiny 4in screen

5. BIG TIME BALLER

BIG TIME BALLER Member

Cant wait to see your reviews on this. I think you are dead on when you talk about it being more of a cosmetic upgrade. The factory screen/bezel and radio controls are the only thing really holding the interior back 5 years. The screen is already smallish and the backup camera only uses a small percentage of the screen... I'm curious how it will look with this setup.

Also for those that have ordered, do they indeed have the 3 button setup for the 2019s?

6. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes

7. BIGDJE

BIGDJE Member

since the dealer of this unit is close to where i live i am going direct to them and they will install and test all factory functions on new unit and if anything does not work do a software fix so by the time it leaves i know 100% all functions are working from switch over and also show my cool things i can do on the new unit vs stock.

will do full video post once its all done hopefully next 2 weeks if they stay true to word and its avail by end of jan

gwgriggs likes this.