Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic

Anyway... I’m hopeful that this is functional enough to be valuable. If it works out, I totally plan to figure out a way to add a hot spot to the truck as well. I envision seamless music streaming without having to deal with plugging in a cell phone... navigation flexibility. Perhaps additional cameras and sensors... I have a long list of ideas.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic

Anyway... I’m hopeful that this is functional enough to be valuable. If it works out, I totally plan to figure out a way to add a hot spot to the truck as well. I envision seamless music streaming without having to deal with plugging in a cell phone... navigation flexibility. Perhaps additional cameras and sensors... I have a long list of ideas.

It’s still confusing as to why ford got rid of the hotspot in the raptors. Just make any sense to me.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
A bigger high res screen. An android tablet for your use that is WiFi and Bluetooth capable. Elimination of the circa 2005 keypad below the sync screen. A cleaner aesthetic in the interior.

It has RCA outputs I think, but that doesn’t interest me. I’m satisfied with my DSR1 and level signal. I’m also not sure how the RCA outputs would play with the sync 3 and I suspect it would defeat the purpose.
It has some capability for auxiliary devices like additional cameras, including outputting a dash cam to it.

Further, I’m very intrigued to see if I can figure out how to get it to accept additional parking sensors for the front of the truck. They’re easy enough to buy and install. It’s something I’ve always found lacking on our trucks and I’m sure it was omitted because they probably wouldn’t hold up very well smacking into things off road, but that’s not really a worry of mine.

Let’s all face the facts. Our interior aesthetics aren’t the best. Aside from plasticky materials, the infotainment center looks like it’s something I had 10-15 years ago. If I can modernize that component, I believe it’ll go a long way towards cleaning up where Ford fell short.

All of the above conjecture is predicated upon the device actually performing accurately with reasonable reliability. I’m not entirely convinced that it’s going to operate as well as it looks. I won’t sacrifice form over function and will remove it if it’s not up to par. However, in the off chance it works, I’ll have stumbled onto a really nice, inexpensive interior upgrade.

QUOTE="gijosh28, post: 1315943, member: 25807"]I don't see where it has RCA output. Am I missing something? What would be the point? What do you gain over just using AA Mirror?
[/QUOTE]

take a look at "ALP" AKA anti-laser priority. Yes, they are laser jammers by primary function, but they also function as parking sensors.

Not cheap, but you'd get free laser jamming with your expensive parking sensors. :)

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic

will it support B&O stereo also?

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did preorder on one today has extra 6% discount holiday code on their website

i chatted with someone asked bunch of questions seems all factory functions are still maintained with new unit see how it goes

i have tesla now so its hard looking at that tiny 4in screen when i have had that huge screen for last 6 years so be nice have a big screen in raptor as well