Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did preorder on one today has extra 6% discount holiday code on their website

i chatted with someone asked bunch of questions seems all factory functions are still maintained with new unit see how it goes

i have tesla now so its hard looking at that tiny 4in screen when i have had that huge screen for last 6 years so be nice have a big screen in raptor as well

To confirm factory functions including Hill Descent Control, Hazard lights, Stop and Go, etc are still supported?

So those buttons are on top of the console now before the storage area on the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

All there. They mount on the top of the bezel facing up towards the roof. Think keyboard button orientation as opposed to keypad button orientation.

To confirm factory functions including Hill Descent Control, Hazard lights, Stop and Go, etc are still supported?

So those buttons are on top of the console now before the storage area on the dash?

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

All there. They mount on the top of the bezel facing up towards the roof. Think keyboard button orientation as opposed to keypad button orientation.

I'm thinking about it, but unsure who makes it or where it is made.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the interface is. They said the screen is just a "pass-through", so it should be displaying the stock Sync 3/Android Auto/Carplay interface, however, I imagine those were set up for the current size screen. Would Phoenix display the same size interface with black borders? Would it be stretched to fill the screen?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the interface is. They said the screen is just a "pass-through", so it should be displaying the stock Sync 3/Android Auto/Carplay interface, however, I imagine those were set up for the current size screen. Would Phoenix display the same size interface with black borders? Would it be stretched to fill the screen?

See the red box. All the other functions top and bottom are still available. The sync screen will just be a “section” of the screen. The red box shows how the factory GM screen is passed through. Same resolution as oem. Same concept on the fords. 061dd2d53f49abf1b1724460ca0fa6a2.jpg

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the red box. All the other functions top and bottom are still available. The sync screen will just be a “section” of the screen. The red box shows how the factory GM screen is passed through. Same resolution as oem. Same concept on the fords. 061dd2d53f49abf1b1724460ca0fa6a2.jpg

I see, thanks for the clarification

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dom

Good eye. That makes sense now how it integrates the stock GUI into the tablet launcher.

The more I see about this device the more I’m hoping it works well. The GUI will be sync 3 smooth. The android features will be gravy and hopefully should be smooth enough.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dom

Good eye. That makes sense now how it integrates the stock GUI into the tablet launcher.

The more I see about this device the more I’m hoping it works well. The GUI will be sync 3 smooth. The android features will be gravy and hopefully should be smooth enough.

My only question is how the audio from the android unit will connect to the sync 3 system. Text me when you get yours. I wanna see this thing in action lol!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got word that they will be shipping last week of January, first week of February.

Also, 2020 explorer will be coming to us with a tablet style center console for the radio. I think it’s a reasonable assumption that the 2020 Raptor will have a mid cycle redesign as well with updated tablet style radio and possibly some subtle exterior styling cues that’ll change.

All the more reason to roll the dice on the Phoenix tablet. Gotta keep her up with the times.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got word that they will be shipping last week of January, first week of February.

Also, 2020 explorer will be coming to us with a tablet style center console for the radio. I think it’s a reasonable assumption that the 2020 Raptor will have a mid cycle redesign as well with updated tablet style radio and possibly some subtle exterior styling cues that’ll change.

All the more reason to roll the dice on the Phoenix tablet. Gotta keep her up with the times.

cant wait i did my pre order few weeks ago