Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagerly waiting for a review !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very soon if my truck was not at builder shop might have it install this week unless i can talk guy to drive down to oc and do install

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a text that mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Coming from China

GUAGNZHOU TAIDA CO.LTD

Just got email unit it shipping ccb3d998397e46ac908faf5a687d069f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a text that mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Coming from China

GUAGNZHOU TAIDA CO.LTD
If it's coming straight to you that means the local US reseller is not updating the software after it comes from China and before they install it. Unless they sent software to China and had them specifically install a US custom software build.

Hopefully this shipment notification means it's going to your installer to flash firmware and OS prior to install.

This will be interesting. I will not be purchasing any item that includes software that comes straight from China that does not have firmware and OS completely vetted and verified by a qualified US entity. But I am in the software and security field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Android Audio is not Linkswell.

Linkswell seems to make a meaningful attempt to quality control their products and provide U.S. based customer and technical support.

I think this company acts as a middle man for whoever has designed and built this thing overseas. I don’t know a lot about Phoenix Android Audio but I imagine I’ll find out.

How many raptors are in China? Not many I’m assuming, but I do know Ford ships them there.

Has it been tested? Maybe? Maybe not. Will there be any recourse if it doesn’t work properly? Unknown. Will there be clear, legible instructions? Who knows?

It cost a few bucks and it was worth it for me to play with it. My expectations for what it can do is very low and I say there is a 50 percent chance I take it off in 3 days and throw it away.

Does it matter? No. Most spend more money in a week on takeout.

If it surprises me and passes muster, well then it’ll be something I’ll let you all know.

If it's coming straight to you that means the local US reseller is not updating the software after it comes from China and before they install it. Unless they sent software to China and had them specifically install a US custom software build.

Hopefully this shipment notification means it's going to your installer to flash firmware and OS prior to install.

This will be interesting. I will not be purchasing any item that includes software that comes straight from China that does not have firmware and OS completely vetted and verified by a qualified US entity. But I am in the software and security field.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would some Chinese guy bother sitting around tracking where some guy in the USA drives his F150?

"Maybe if we track thousands of trucks we'll determine that they- uh, ****, wait, how do we monetize this again?"

I mean, I like Chicom spying conspiracy theories as much as the next guy- but that's a bit of a reach.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the company in the USA does work with the software but yes units come from china. All of us that preorder on units they ship direct to our house. Also they are getting a big delivery themself at the same time and those customer orders will ship from USA.

The owner of the USA company like i said on previous post is coming right to my builder and installing it on site. He will test everything make sure all software and hardware is working. If not he can make software changes on site and something big he would send it back to china company to program.

Raptor is no different then any F-150 when it comes to Sync 3 and yes there are my F-150s in china. He told me they have trucks in house in china to do all testing.

The fact he coming in person to do all of this I have to feel good about the product. I also used my amex to pay for it so could back charge whole thing if it turned out to be garbage but i dont get that feeling talking to him.

Far as people in china listening to you and knowing your location that can already be done by almost every manufacturer already. If this was the president raptor maybe we need to look more into this. But hey they want to listen to me talk to myself as i drive my truck then more power to them lol

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Respectfully agree to disagree. Appreciate the info. Like I said it's my field and I know otherwise. That said I have complete respect for your perspective and it's sound logic. I'm hoping for a great result here.

no worries at the end of the day long as it worked as i was told all that i care about. to much going on in the world for anyone to give 2 cents about my life lol