Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then you lose the factory gps signal?

I didn’t have any gps issues at all. I mounted mine magnetic on the crossmember right behind the unit.

Yeah my sync 3 doesn’t have nav so antenna was just sitting there not plugged in...

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is not quite fit to the screen either if you see the black space on either side of the SYNC display. Do you have factory nav? If so, go to your home screen and see if it isn't blurry when it's showing only on the left side of the screen. My old display was always crystal clear before, not so much now.
Dan I wonder if it has to do with the cable that connects the sync brain to the Phoenix unit?

Mine is a bit “faded” looking, but it didn’t bother me until I see how clear Guy’s sync display looks. Mine is nowhere near that crisp looking.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally had time to install both software updates today. i did video share on whats app whole time with phoenix

few more issues i found so they doing more software updates been done in few days. the + on tune goes done and the - goes up and few more small things

i changed the boot up image and the white raptor image to my own truck but had few small bugs so wont share how yet until they fix the bugs so not to create more confusion

very cool they listen to us and make software updates shows they really care to have a good product on the market and want to keep updating it

amp

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the day/night time layout of the SYNC3 screen to night time only? That would make the border of the SYNC3 screen less noticeable. Also I think the night time mode is a little easier on the eyes because the contrast is better.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to change the day/night time layout of the SYNC3 screen to night time only? That would make the border of the SYNC3 screen less noticeable. Also I think the night time mode is a little easier on the eyes because the contrast is better.

Yeah, just make the change in the sync setting screen.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did submit a request to have the camera button bring up the camera screen and override all other apps... to not have to have the sync console open. The reverse switch will perform this action so I can’t imagine it isn’t doable. It’s the only thing I would really like different.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did submit a request to have the camera button bring up the camera screen and override all other apps... to not have to have the sync console open. The reverse switch will perform this action so I can’t imagine it isn’t doable. It’s the only thing I would really like different.
Yeah I was hoping to be able to see the camera while driving and not just in reverse.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is sync console the only way to access the cameras? Or can the Android portion display the camera feed?

Curious if you can full screen the cameras, or if they will display in their tiny sub-window inside the sync console like stock.

Also would be cool to have the forward camera display while moving.

danlong

Reaction score
The cameras come up a bit larger than they did stock, and the backup sensors have a much larger display underneath the camera view as well. It seems to take slightly longer than stock for them to appear though.

I messed around with mine a bit more tonight and have realized that I'm not getting any sound from anything on the tablet portion. Waze, Spotify, the music player, etc all appear to be playing but no sound is heard. I thought I had been using Spotify on it yesterday but I think it was actually coming from my phone through the SYNC bluetooth connection. I'm definitely going to have to put a call in to Phoenix tomorrow.