Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danlong

Reaction score
I can’t get the canbus update to install. When I click on the button with the USB stick in (usb icon is present) nothing happens...
It took me a couple of tries to get it to work for both updates. Try using the other USB cable, and try rebooting the unit as well. When you click the Simple Upgrade button you should have a status line appear on the screen and it should update pretty quickly (less than a minute).

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Signed up just to say Thanks! to all of you posting information and details on how to get these working! Looking forward to getting mine installed in my new truck!

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a couple of tries to get it to work for both updates. Try using the other USB cable, and try rebooting the unit as well. When you click the Simple Upgrade button you should have a status line appear on the screen and it should update pretty quickly (less than a minute).
I rebooted with the stick in there and it finally worked. Thanks!

danlong

Reaction score
I just used FORScan and changed my APIM back to the default theme and there's no real change in image quality to the Console screen. It "looks" a little bit better at first glance because the colors are more basic, but it's still not being scaled and fit to the screen properly and is blurry when you pay attention to it. There's about 1/8" or a little more on each side of the Console that is just black, empty space.

On a side note, there's a DTC for a short to ground in the APIM that was never there before and persisted after being cleared. Anyone else using FORScan have any DTCs after this install?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. No codes.

And I don’t have any blurred screen issues. The only thing I can say is that sync 3 pass thru appears to render smoother with less pixelation than the factory screen. No issues with the quality of the factory camera either.

I just used FORScan and changed my APIM back to the default theme and there's no real change in image quality to the Console screen. It "looks" a little bit better at first glance because the colors are more basic, but it's still not being scaled and fit to the screen properly and is blurry when you pay attention to it. There's about 1/8" or a little more on each side of the Console that is just black, empty space.

On a side note, there's a DTC for a short to ground in the APIM that was never there before and persisted after being cleared. Anyone else using FORScan have any DTCs after this install?

danlong

Reaction score
Yours is not quite fit to the screen either if you see the black space on either side of the SYNC display. Do you have factory nav? If so, go to your home screen and see if it isn't blurry when it's showing only on the left side of the screen. My old display was always crystal clear before, not so much now.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is tiny letter boxing. That’s because they are passing thru the exact screen ration of sync 3. If it were anything different it would distort the image.

I don’t see any image quality issues. No different than sync 3 by my eyes. Maybe a little more color saturation. Just less pixelated. The factory navigation looks fine, just woefully small. It’s hard to go back to that when you have full screen nav now.

You may want to run this by Phoenix. Maybe there is something not working right on yours.

Yours is not quite fit to the screen either if you see the black space on either side of the SYNC display. Do you have factory nav? If so, go to your home screen and see if it isn't blurry when it's showing only on the left side of the screen. My old display was always crystal clear before, not so much now.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was having GPS issues, so tried plugging in the OEM antenna, it instantly gave me an awesome signal!

Don’t use their GPS, use factory!!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then you lose the factory gps signal?

I didn’t have any gps issues at all. I mounted mine magnetic on the crossmember right behind the unit.

Was having GPS issues, so tried plugging in the OEM antenna, it instantly gave me an awesome signal!

Don’t use their GPS, use factory!!