Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

So they sell a vehicle, with a DVD that explains how to beat on it offroad, and then charge you to balance the tires because you did. I'm really glad that my dealership isn't as ****** as some of the ones I've heard about on this forum.

I don't recall the owners manual stating anything about "beat on it".....

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I removed my leveling kit yesterday and went to mid perch. Just drove the truck today. I just wanna help sway anyone who might be on the fence about the mid perch mod. DO IT. For the love of God please do it. You will be happy you did. It makes the hugest difference in ride quality. It's just way more planted and not the mushy feeling I had become accustomed to. Night and day difference. If there's not a shop around you that can do it, go to autozone and rent some strut compressors and do it in your driveway. If not, you're missing out!!!!

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
svt_reid-No kidding bro. Anyone that is not on mid-perch is doing their truck and themselves a disservice. Literally night and day on the feel and nose-dive braking. I am telling you this truck was made for mid-perch and some rule-toting liberal jack-ass probably forced ford to drop it down. Or Ford has those asses in their front office. Either way, anyone who has a raptor and does get a tune and mid perch at a minimum is missing out on what these trucks were designed for. Sad that it has come to this with vehicles, everyone so worried about getting sued they have to make cars drive so restricted. GET ON MID PERCH!!!

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to mid perch and am super happy with it. My next mod plan was rpg stage 3 but I was reading that it would drop the rear 1". Anyone running that or could give me any feedback? Thanks

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just went to mid perch and am super happy with it. My next mod plan was rpg stage 3 but I was reading that it would drop the rear 1". Anyone running that or could give me any feedback? Thanks

That won't happen with the stage 3. If anything the new springs will raise you up a little in the rear. Let us know if you have any questions!

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u have any facts to back that up? I've read on here multiple times that the rear would drop. I believe I may have even seen it on rpg website or one of their posts.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
No, You'll sit slightly higher. What you probably read is that over time the springs sag and you eventually have to have them re-arched. The sagging is directly related to the weight you carry in the bed and/or how frequently you jump it.

Now if you plan on carrying weight in the bed on a regular basis, select the HD springs.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Oh, and you should listen to that WOG guy. He's been around the "block" a time or two; if you know what I mean.:Hump:

Last edited:

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question and maybe it's been answered else where...

Does going to mid perch firm up the ride? I want to increase the nose height after adding my Roque bumper but like the soft ride for the street so don't want to affect it....