Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help man!

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Would any of yall other suspension folks happen to know if there is a so called "skinnier stock spacer" between the shock and coil bucket or they just go straight together? Or maybe anyone who has installed a leveling kit? Just wanna know if I can remove leveling kit and be good to go or if there are stock parts that have been removed that must now be replaced. Also maybe if someone could point me to a how-to on removing shock assembly would be great. No wifi out here.. Must keep searching to a minimum to limit data usage lol

daritz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issues w the dealer not being authorized to "adjust" the shocks? Took it in for an oil change and mid perch Deal says their is a bulletin out that they are not authorized to do any mods to the factory shocks. Wtf. They can't work on their own systems!?

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone have issues w the dealer not being authorized to "adjust" the shocks? Took it in for an oil change and mid perch Deal says their is a bulletin out that they are not authorized to do any mods to the factory shocks. Wtf. They can't work on their own systems!?

They are telling you the truth. Ford tells them that they are non-adjustable. Some dealers do it anyways. Going mid perch has the potential to void your warranty for all the components that it affects.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My service guy told me that they really don't want to do it. I asked why they put an adjustable shock on the truck. He said it's just a deal with the King shocks to make the truck cool. I said that was stupid - kinda like giving you a tuner with three tunes, but you can't use two of them or it would void the warranty. I've seen nothing "printed" that says Ford would not cover anything on the suspension damaged by adjusting them. I feel as long as you align for mid perch or more extreme mods by top perch, then there is nothing they could do. They sold us the friggin' shock!!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

My service guy told me that they really don't want to do it. I asked why they put an adjustable shock on the truck. He said it's just a deal with the King shocks to make the truck cool. I said that was stupid - kinda like giving you a tuner with three tunes, but you can't use two of them or it would void the warranty. I've seen nothing "printed" that says Ford would not cover anything on the suspension damaged by adjusting them. I feel as long as you align for mid perch or more extreme mods by top perch, then there is nothing they could do. They sold us the friggin' shock!!!!

Sounds like your dealer does not know if they are telling you they are KING shocks. LOL.
Say what you want but if your dealer wants to be a **** and knows what mid perch is then yes they could void it. Its been talked all over this forum if you don't believe me.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer does not know if they are telling you they are KING shocks. LOL.
Say what you want but if your dealer wants to be a **** and knows what mid perch is then yes they could void it. Its been talked all over this forum if you don't believe me.

Man, I love the way you keep me honest! I was just looking at Kings on another thread. Guess I'm stuck. Anyway, thanks for the help - I need all I can get.

Anyway, with all of my past experiences with Ford, I feel that MY dealer will work with anything I bring in. It's just My experience. I'm sure you're right about other dealers.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was told by my dealer that they have been instructed by Ford head office NOT to adjust the perch height settings because if they do...the increased ride height puts the headlights at a higher level...which is outside the Transport Canada (equivalent to Department of Transportation) legal height.

However...they told me it would NOT void the warranty by going to mid-perch but WOULD void the warranty going to top perch...because of CV joint angles.

I guess if we ask 5 different dealers we would get 5 different answers.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on the dealership and service associate, I've taken mine in several times on top perch with no flak and they even replaced my shocks under warranty knowing it was at top perch. Furthermore, They even installed the new ones at the top perch setting when they replaced them.