Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wow. Lots to take in here. I was thinking of ordering a pedal commander, but I'm a little weirded out by these stories.

Anyone have any issues on the 17-18 trucks yet?

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get the most important thing out of the way, I am first going to address anyone's concern on safety. Personally, as someone who has been building and racing multiple platforms of cars, trucks and motorcycles over the last 15 years, I will NEVER stand behind or sell a product I would not install and run myself. I have every last respect for life, I don't have a death wish, and I have never doubted the safety of Pedal Commander. EVER.

I am not here to make a quick buck off of a forum, I don't get paid commission. I'm an automotive enthusiast. I like being around it. I like building it. I like racing it. I like talking about it. It is my love for anything and everything automotive that puts me here.

Having said that, no one modifies their car or truck for the sole purpose of making it safer. FRF, and any other forum I've been a part of, is not a place for parents to ask about which car seat they should install based on safety ratings. No one is trying to upgrade their airbags or promote that 4-point seatbelts are better than 3-points. I've actually heard more complaints being made AGAINST safety features than for them (automatic crash detection and braking is awful, FYI).

You want to make it taller. You want to make it more powerful, or faster. You want to race the 1/4 mile, or offroad. You want to make it your own, so it fits your personality and is comfortable and convenient to drive every day. You want it to tow race cars, or boats.

You all preach like you're the Caroll Shelby of engineering and design, so is it safe to assume you all wrench on these trucks yourselves? Must be, because I've never witnessed as much fear over voiding warranties in my life. And I guarantee 99% of you are not professional Ford mechanics. Do you want to guess how dangerous it is to modify a vehicle when you're following a YouTube video for instructions? No, you don't, because then you would really be made aware of the fact that installer error is more dangerous than any part you will EVER get your hands on.

I raced my personal car, a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V, at Willow Springs International Raceway last Saturday. 1.8 miles of technical turns and 2 straightaways. 20 minute heats, consisting of 7-8 laps with 30 other vehicles on the track, up to 110mph. Pedal Commander equipped.

We've sold thousands of Pedal Commanders to Raptors alone since 2015. I helped ship 521 yesterday as a result of our Black Friday sale. Just Raptors. And over the last 2 years of selling in the Raptor community, I've heard of ONE legitimate complaint from Cory.

I'm not saying he made it up, the video is very clear. I'm not saying that its impossible that Pedal Commander caused it, because everything has the possibility of breaking or malfunctioning. But like it has already been said, there isn't enough evidence to start your witch hunt yet. If it was sold and installed on another vehicle and never experiences any issue, that points away from Pedal Commander as the cause and maybe Cory's truck has another problem he hasn't found yet. At the same time, if the new owner of that particular unit reports the exact same issue, Pedal Commander is the common denominator and we need to look into it further, which I can assure you will be done.

If you think Pedal Commander is a gimmick, a placebo product, a scam, not useful, a waste of your money, or just something you have no interest in putting on your car or truck, thats fine. Most of you work hard for your money, and I'll be the last person on earth to tell you how to spend it.

If you are interested in Pedal Commander, have questions, are curious about its functions, or would like to know more about it (such as specific certifications), I'm here. If I don't have the answer, I'll get it. You can PM me here on the forum, or my email is listed down below. Normally I would say post your questions here, but these threads tend to run away and get off topic pretty quickly. As someone else described it, a "shit show" has proven to be very ineffective in finding good information.

Cars, trucks, and their aftermarket parts are constantly evolving. No one gets anywhere unless we openly take feedback, complaints or suggestions from you guys. We VALUE you, and your input, and welcome it in all mature forms. But I think there is definitely a more adult way to deliver it, instead of name calling, trolling, or hunting down an employee's personal social media pages to find human qualities to poke fun at.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I asked for certifications and testing procedures back in April Jax. I asked again awhile ago when you posted the CE cert in Turkish.

I'm not being unfair, I asked the same questions of one of your competitors yesterday and got a straight forward answer in about 20 mins.
@Pedal Commander

Last edited:

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked for certifications and testing procedures back in April Jax. I asked again awhile ago when you posted the CE cert in Turkish.

I'm not being unfair, I asked the same questions of one of your competitors yesterday and got a straight forward answer in about 20 mins.
@Pedal Commander

The CE certification designates that, among other things, it has been tested and passed the Electromagnetic Compatibility requirements that someone had asked about on this forum some time ago.

Please send me an email with specifics. You asked a for a "certification of testing." A broad question got a broad answer.

Thats great that one of our competitors was able to answer your question so quickly, but from what I read, it doesn't look like the information and testing was relevant because their Raptor products seem to have issues.

Unfortunately, this product is not manufactured in the United States so my answers may take some time. I'm reaching across the world and riding a language barrier. If you can be patient with me, I am happy to get the information you would like.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The CE certification designates that, among other things, it has been tested and passed the Electromagnetic Compatibility requirements that someone had asked about on this forum some time ago.

Please send me an email with specifics. You asked a for a "certification of testing." A broad question got a broad answer.

Thats great that one of our competitors was able to answer your question so quickly, but from what I read, it doesn't look like the information and testing was relevant because their Raptor products seem to have issues.

Unfortunately, this product is not manufactured in the United States so my answers may take some time. I'm reaching across the world and riding a language barrier. If you can be patient with me, I am happy to get the information you would like.

Myself and others have literally asked you for EMC testing pertaining to your product's use on automobiles. I went and rechecked your certification and the tests listed and I come up with this:

EN 55022/55032 (Multimedia Equipment)
EN 55024 CISPR24 (Information technology equipment)
CE-0802 (DC-DC Converters)

So what I am wondering is, how do these pertain to use on a vehicle?

What about CISPR25 ( Automotive component EMC testing: CISPR 25, ISO 11452–2 and equivalent standards - IEEE Journals & Magazine )

Or how about any of the ISO 11452 - (Component Test Methods for Electrical Disturbances in Road Vehicles Package) tests? ( https://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDet...ctrical+Disturbances+in+Road+Vehicles+Package )

Can you enumerate which of these tests you perform on the pedal commander? I do hope this is specific enough for you.

@Pedal Commander

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think 7 months is enough time to get answers even with a language barrier

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The purpose of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing is to keep side effects (interference between TV sets, GSM handsets, radios or electrical power lines) under reasonable control. EMC designates all the existing and future techniques and technologies for reducing disturbance and enhancing immunity.

The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU ensures that electrical and electronic equipment does not generate, or is not affected by, electromagnetic disturbance.
The EMC Directive limits electromagnetic emissions from equipment in order to ensure that, when used as intended, such equipment does not disturb radio and telecommunication, as well as other equipment. The Directive also governs the immunity of such equipment to interference and seeks to ensure that this equipment is not disturbed by radio emissions, when used as intended."

And if we'll now refer to the CE certification I shared, it states "Applicable Regulations; The following regulations have been applied to this product. 2014/30/EU The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive."

Are you insisting that I'm still not answering your request to provide proof of EMC testing pertaining to the product's use on automobiles?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
And if we'll now refer to the CE certification I shared, it states "Applicable Regulations; The following regulations have been applied to this product. 2014/30/EU The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive."

Are you insisting that I'm still not answering your request to provide proof of EMC testing pertaining to the product's use on automobiles?

Yes.

There are specific tests regarding automotive applications. Which tests have you subjected the pedal commander to that are specific to automotive applications?

Please refer to my post above, I listed specific tests, also refer to @Kanakry's post http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/pedal-commander-awesomeness-52321/index57.html#post1221133 directly below your certificate post. As he listed some as well.

So I'll just ask it this way:

1. Have you tested to ISO 11452?
  2. If so which sections were performed?
  3. Have you tested to CISPR25?
  4. Are you willing to provide proof?

Are these not fair questions? If you didn't test to them, just say that and we can move on.

Edit: I also was unaware of what your cert said because it was posted in....Turkish. Though the tests performed were easy enough to read and were not automotive related as I stated earlier. But since we're translating Turkish, what's the rest of that cert say?
@Pedal Commander

Last edited: