Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't going to respond but the posting of this Certification has opened the door.

CE Certification excellent! This provides zero credibility. Pretty much a self certification saying you did testing. Doesn't say the type.

Lets see testing to Automotive specifications. I'll help you out.
ISO-11454-2
ISO-11454-4
ISO-11454-9
CISPR25

All the systems including the TPS, ECU, ETB all have to conform to these specifications and are highly scrutinized before being implemented. These test cost hundred of thousands of dollars from Design to placement in the vehicle. I would venture to say that a part that cost $300 has 0 credible testing.

I would think that any system that is controlling that signal should be tested to these same standards as well.

Why should you be concerned? A company I work for makes a piece of equipment that is almost exactly the same. It tells the ECU what the % of ethanol in the fuel is. It doesn't pass any test, and these are real world RF Tests. The difference is the engine really doesn't care if there is a 10% (The amount the signal can change before failure) change in ethanol content.

You are going to know 10% change in throttle to the ECU and that is our threshold point, at max real world (ie. Radar Array) it sends it to 100% duty cycle or 0. That is WOT or Nothing.

I can keep going but I think you get the point.

^^^this one

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

***** fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad Mexican food?

j2k

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this thread today, so apologies for not speaking up earlier. I bought the Pedal Commander from @Gilligan. I haven't had any issues with the unit yet on my Roush supercharged 2014, but I will say that I'm not a fan of the unit in general. Anything over City +2 and the gas pedal is too sensitive. At City +2, the truck drives like it did without the PC installed.

I personally don't think I had a defective unit, at least no more defective than any other unit meaning that it did what it was designed to do but may have unknown flaws that all units have, because if that was the case I wouldn't have sold it. I drove with it for over 6 months with no real issues. I do think the time of the large surge the signal got either mixed because the truck was confused with the change in settings after months of no change, or there were some outside factors that caused interference. That same exact parking lot my fob has about a 10ft range and the remote start never works. I'll try to track down the buyer(honestly not sure if it was here or fb so i'll have to read through messages later on) but unless a truck with a pedal commander tests in that same parking lot I still wouldn't be convinced it's not the unit.

Honestly the only person here with an opinion that matters is Kanakry because he knows this stuff, a response to his post by Pedal Commander or a vendor is really the only thing that can help clear the air.

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'll just ask it this way:

1. Have you tested to ISO 11452?
  2. If so which sections were performed?
  3. Have you tested to CISPR25?
  4. Are you willing to provide proof?

Are these not fair questions? If you didn't test to them, just say that and we can move on.

Edit: I also was unaware of what your cert said because it was posted in....Turkish. Though the tests performed were easy enough to read and were not automotive related as I stated earlier. But since we're translating Turkish, what's the rest of that cert say?
@Pedal Commander

Look again, the part I quoted was in English.

I'll get started on finding answers to your list.

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this thread today, so apologies for not speaking up earlier. I bought the Pedal Commander from @Gilligan. I haven't had any issues with the unit yet on my Roush supercharged 2014, but I will say that I'm not a fan of the unit in general. Anything over City +2 and the gas pedal is too sensitive. At City +2, the truck drives like it did without the PC installed.

If you'd like to send the Pedal Commander back to us, we can customize the throttle curve. Some want the throttle increase to be more drastic, some want it to be smoother and more gradual. Everything can be adjusted exactly how you want it if you don't like the basic Raptor map .

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Look again, the part I quoted was in English.

I'll get started on finding answers to your list.

Sorry, maybe upload a higher quality one next time? It's not my fault you posted a cert for ants.

Also, thank you. When should we expect these answers? You and I didn't establish a good timeline last time we talked on Facebook.
@Pedal Commander

Last edited:

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, maybe upload a higher quality one next time? It's not my fault you posted a cert for ants.

Also, thank you. When should we expect these answers? You and I didn't establish a good timeline last time we talked on Facebook.
@Pedal Commander

The forum limits the size of files I can upload.

I will try to get them as quickly as I can. We are currently dealing with the holiday season rush, as well as getting ready to drop a new product and my relocation to the east coast.

If I don't hear back from Turkey within 30 days, I'll sum it up to the certifications either not being available or having not been done.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I will try to get them as quickly as I can. We are currently dealing with the holiday season rush, as well as getting ready to drop a new product and my relocation to the east coast.

If I don't hear back from Turkey within 30 days, I'll sum it up to the certifications either not being available or having not been done.

Use another image host
:specialed:

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why is it so hard to admit you have no certifications for the product you selling to dozens of customers?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

30 days. Copy. I'm holding you do that. Dec 28th by C.O.B. it is.

I wish this place had a remindme feature like reddit does. No matter. I'll set one! We'll revisit this just in time for 2018.

Also, imgur.com is a great hosting service that will allow you to upload pics at a higher quality and link them here :cheers:

Last edited: