Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback, but I guess ordering one and playing with it is exactly what I wanted to avoid. From the more detailed reviews I've read it seems like people expect to have to use different PC settings for different environments. I totally understand why some people want to do that, but it's just not something I wanna do. The idea of trying to choose from 30+ settings and making that also work with Normal, Weather, and Sport just seems like something I would spend way, way too much time on. I think for $200 I'd give it a whirl, but I may wait to see what, if anything, the FP tune does to the overall feel before plunking down the money on this thing.

I totally love this thing. I've never used it or a similar product before, but it has made a huge improvement on the stock driving. I like a responsive throttle (not always aggressive). I found Raptor Normal mode pretty horrible before the PC.

For me, City +1 is a great set it and forget it setting. It improves the ride in both Normal and Sport, but is safe in all modes and in bad weather. This is highly subjective though, I think City 0 and City +2 are safe too, but you do have to be more careful on +2 if in Raptor Sport Mode.

Don't get thrown off by all the possible combinations. Using the PC can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. You can certainly find one setting for all conditions that will be an improvement to the ride and safe in all conditions. I can't imagine anyone regretting this $300.

For me, I've been doing 90% of my driving on PC City +1 in either Raptor Normal or Sport mode. The other 10% I do PC Sport or Sport +1 while in Raptor Sport mode for some aggressive, fun driving. Then right back to City +1.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly think you are missing out if you don't buy one... It really 'makes' the Raptor feel like it should. Other's I think will agree as you have probably read. Buy one, Throw it in Sport 0 and see what you think. If you don't LOVE IT send it back. Install is a minute, 5 if you mount the unit.

(I don't work for Pedal Commander or any sort of shop that sells them).

I agree. I have never been a big change your truck from stock or mod guy. But the PC is all people say it is, WOW well worth the $250. And as soon as I find the setting I like it will most likely never get touched again. I'm thinking right now either city +1 or sport 0.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I honestly think you are missing out if you don't buy one... It really 'makes' the Raptor feel like it should. Other's I think will agree as you have probably read. Buy one, Throw it in Sport 0 and see what you think. If you don't LOVE IT send it back. Install is a minute, 5 if you mount the unit.

Honestly the FIRST setting you should use is Sport++4 just to laugh a little bit. I like Sport +2 and my fiancee likes City 0 for every day driving.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Okay....I think I found a place to order.

:)

I'll try calling "them" tomorrow as they close at 5pm Central.

;)

Send me a PM, I can get you taken care of on a Pedal Commander tonight. Not sure who you've been trying to call. And yes, we have one for the 17' Raptor.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump

Honestly the FIRST setting you should use is Sport++4 just to laugh a little bit. I like Sport +2 and my fiancee likes City 0 for every day driving.

Its Sport +2 and truck Sport for me as well.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Jet, you and I are of like mind. If you own a 2017 and you do not purchase this, you are most definitely not taking advantage of what this truck can be. Ford did do a great job giving us selectable drive mode options. P/C takes those modes to the levels they should have been!!! And just because there are a million different set up options, I find that I played around for a few minutes, quickly decided what feels right to me, and I have not touched it again since 10 minutes after I first installed it.

RaeGun

Reaction score
I just ordered a Pedal Commander. Should be here in a day or two. Install videos look straight forward but cannot find a Ford Raptor install video. Are there any tricks, tips, or pointers that someone can offer me to make it a smoother install and, more importantly, to keep me from breaking something or ******** up my truck. I am most worried about unplugging the pedal. Is there a slide lock or other mechanism that I need to press, pull, or jiggle in order to smoothly unplug it without breaking it or messing up the wires?