Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaeGun

Reaction score
Sorry to have to post this stupid question. Instructions for install for keyless entry call for keeping key at least 35 ft. away from truck for 5 minutes so as to not inadvertently power up the system when installing. So, I put my keys far away from the truck and after about 30 min, went to do the install but when I opened the trucks door, the console came alive (with the Raptor logo), interior lights came on, and dash console woke up. I suspect this won't matter for the install but I thought I'd get some confirmation on this before I start unplugging stuff.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have to post this stupid question. Instructions for install for keyless entry call for keeping key at least 35 ft. away from truck for 5 minutes so as to not inadvertently power up the system when installing. So, I put my keys far away from the truck and after about 30 min, went to do the install but when I opened the trucks door, the console came alive (with the Raptor logo), interior lights came on, and dash console woke up. I suspect this won't matter for the install but I thought I'd get some confirmation on this before I start unplugging stuff.

Mine did the same thing except I open the door and left it open in my shop and then carried the key fob into the house and waited a bit and then did the changes and had no problems.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing except I open the door and left it open in my shop and then carried the key fob into the house and waited a bit and then did the changes and had no problems.

haha... When I did this I had to take all the fobs and dump them into an ammo can, and haul the can away because the fobs all work on my truck even at the farthest reaches of the house.

Sooooo.... I get on up to the truck to install the p/c, pop the door and - The truck starts throwing a panic alarm $hit-fit. Now I’ve got to waddle back to the key fob can, which I stashed at the end of my yard... lesson learned.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I learned about the PC on this forum. I planned to order one when my SCREW comes in mid-May. After hearing all of the hype from you guys, I researched and discovered they make one for a new Tahoe, which also works on the Suburban. (We have a 2016 Sub)

Took the plunge and ordered one. Holy shit! It's a new truck! I know it sounds silly that I'm talking about a behemoth, and making it respond quicker, but that thing really does have a major delay stock. I get why. It's for families. But again-wow.

So...I can't wait to feel what the Raptor is going to do. I'm going to drive it without for a couple of months, then install, just so I can have a brand new truck all over again. : )

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I learned about the PC on this forum. I planned to order one when my SCREW comes in mid-May. After hearing all of the hype from you guys, I researched and discovered they make one for a new Tahoe, which also works on the Suburban. (We have a 2016 Sub)

Took the plunge and ordered one. Holy shit! It's a new truck! I know it sounds silly that I'm talking about a behemoth, and making it respond quicker, but that thing really does have a major delay stock. I get why. It's for families. But again-wow.

So...I can't wait to feel what the Raptor is going to do. I'm going to drive it without for a couple of months, then install, just so I can have a brand new truck all over again. : )
youll have it installed first week

RaeGun

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed it after I left the door open long enough to allow the console to "fall asleep" making sure the key fobs were well over 100 ft away for well over an hour. No problems.

I set it to Sport 1. I am a pessimist at heart so I was expecting to feel a "meh" kind of difference from stock. I was shocked at the responsiveness of the pedal. Even reading the numerous reactions to this thing on the thread didn't really prepare me for it. Very cool. I am terrified to try this in Sport+ mode though. I'd probably end up through a retaining wall or something.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youll have it installed first week

You don't know me! Um, or maybe you do. Wait, is this my wife?

I didn't tell her I was installing it. I put it on last night, pulled the truck out of the driveway and pointed it down the street. I went in, got her and told her to get in while I jumped into the passenger seat. I said, "drive". She looked at me funny, but I always have surprises for her so she just put it in drive and hit the gas. She screamed, "holy shit! what's wrong with this thing?" It scared the crap out of her. Then she started laughing like a possessed demon. I had it in sport+ level 5. Hahaha! Classic. We settled on street 5, but will probably play with it some more.

LOVE this thing