PDP Contour Fox Logo Mud Flaps Installed! Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Okay so I start this install today, starting with the rear driver side since my mudflap is missing on that side from the last Raptor run. Previously I just used self tapers and had to take the rear wheels off. Genius of the OP to use the existing bolts, duh! Life saver and no need to remove tire, easy peasy I am thinking. I spend a lot of time working on getting it just right using a level and shit. Don't look half bad.
jy5ehyza.jpg

I use it as a template for the other one and drill the holes thinking, oh this next one will be a piece of cake. Remove the 3 bolts and screw this sucker in. I step back and look. **** me!!!
yhe5ytyv.jpg

I go check both sides. Screws are perfect, i measure the top one, yep 1" down and 3/4" from the edge. Check it all, its right.
ja4abype.jpg7u2e5a2u.jpg

So I undo it and get out the level and start over. Still ain't right and now one is 1/2" higher on one side. Screw it, its close enough.
eba8e2a4.jpg
6uqy2e8a.jpg

Getting dark, get out the lights and finish the two fronts. Pics tomorrow when there is daylight.

Last edited by a moderator:

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Looks good. I ordered a set of PDPs awhile back, still gotta install 'em. I like the subtle look of the "Raptor" wording in black on those flaps btw...

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good RDFTS!

I installed the PDP flaps on the rear with the same method and mine fit perfect on both sides. I have the same ones with the black RAPTOR lettering and like the subdued look of them when they're clean, but even when slightly dirty you can't see the logo. I'll take a photo later, but it appears that mine may be installed a little farther outboard because I believe the edge of the flap lines up with the edge of the tread on the tire (not the edge of the tire).

D

Deleted member 12951

Gotta add, got these from Chris at Freedom. Smooth transaction and excellent service as always, plus best price around when including shipping.

Kitteh

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the excellent tips on these flaps! I just purchased some, albeit begrudgingly. I didnt really want flaps, but dont want anymore rock chips in my rocker panels, either. They look great on your guys' Raps.

poke27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They had to be at this point so the tires didn't grab them in full turn. My Methods are 0 offset. I tried to have them higher which brought the inside of them up and then rubbed on the tires.

RaptorSCrew - how did these hold up in our MN winter? I live up in the Metro area and am installing mine this weekend, but was wondering if there is any problem with the snow/ice build up that people like to "kick" out of the wheel wells.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RaptorSCrew - how did these hold up in our MN winter? I live up in the Metro area and am installing mine this weekend, but was wondering if there is any problem with the snow/ice build up that people like to "kick" out of the wheel wells.

I've had no issues that I can remember. When the snow/ice builds up I do tap/kick it off and they hold tight.

I had one rub issue where I was in full left turn backing up and backing down my drive. Happened once and that was it.

I'd recommend them if you don't mind them sticking out a bit like mine. Myself, I like the look. Again, no issues.

poke27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had no issues that I can remember. When the snow/ice builds up I do tap/kick it off and they hold tight.

I had one rub issue where I was in full left turn backing up and backing down my drive. Happened once and that was it.

I'd recommend them if you don't mind them sticking out a bit like mine. Myself, I like the look. Again, no issues.

Good to know, thank you.